• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF COMIC BOOK DEALERS

13 posts in this topic

I was a charter member of what started out as the New York-New Jersey Comic Book Retailers, which shortly became The East Coast Comic Book Retailers which then merged with The Bay Area Retailers, out of which this group evolved.

ECCBRA was a great concept that was poorly executed, imho.

We managed several co-op buys, one of which was a huge comic bag purchase from Brother Moondog, as well as getting a store bag designed by none other than George Perez. Even ran an ad in movie houses that were showing the first Batman movie of the 80s.

Of course, back then shop owners were truly self-employed, not indentured servants of Diamond like most of todays owners.

Hi Shad,

I gave the keynote speech at an ERCBRA trade event back in 1989. The gist of my talk was that selling comics was a very worthy profession and that I hoped to retire some day and be presented a gold watch.

I've retired from comics selling, but I never got the watch.

Hi Shad,

I gave the keynote speech at an ERCBRA trade event back in 1989. The gist of my talk was that selling comics was a very worthy profession and that I hoped to retire some day and be presented a gold watch.

retired :o

Hi Shad,

retired :o

From selling :gossip::makepoint:

I was a charter member of what started out as the New York-New Jersey Comic Book Retailers, which shortly became The East Coast Comic Book Retailers which then merged with The Bay Area Retailers, out of which this group evolved.

We managed several co-op buys, one of which was a huge comic bag purchase from Brother Moondog, as well as getting a store bag designed by none other than George Perez. Even ran an ad in movie houses that were showing the first Batman movie of the 80s.

Of course, back then shop owners were truly self-employed, not indentured servants of Diamond like most of todays owners.

Tried this in the Htown area. Lasted until the ego's got bruised, and

the coffee at Denny's got cold.

Other than TJ, none of those guys have shops anymore.

Other than TJ, none of those guys have shops anymore.

Is the organization even still active?

Hi Shad,

Was that the one that Neal Adams was the Featured Speaker and he promised Ms Mystic would be published on a monthly basis? Where Peter David made his Marvel debut as Carol Kalish's assistant touting Marvels Cash Register program?