• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auctions - Counting FAIL

138 posts in this topic

detective33.jpg

Man, I love that book. I love yellow covers, love Batman, love the eye appeal, love the PQ. I should have bought that book from Ben two years ago when he offered it to me, but I was new to Tecs and got really shocked at the sticker price. What a sweet book.

I lucked into it. Ben traded it to Billy for a Marvel 9. When Billy decided to go after Gator's Marvel 1 Kansas City copy he offered it to me if I would cover some of his payments to Gator. Rick, being the generous sort that he is, had set up an extended payment plan for Billy that made it a no-brainer for me. Viola...Detective 33.

the one thing I notice from this post is the name "rick"...and "gator"...maybe some foreshadowing of the new owner :baiting:

detective33.jpg

Man, I love that book. I love yellow covers, love Batman, love the eye appeal, love the PQ. I should have bought that book from Ben two years ago when he offered it to me, but I was new to Tecs and got really shocked at the sticker price. What a sweet book.

it will be mine...all mine...in only 6 days!!!!!

Really?

if ricky turns his back, you bet your arse... there is a reason i want it

And that reason would be?

it is a secret, I can't say...(yet)

detective33.jpg

I lucked into it. Ben traded it to Billy for a Marvel 9. When Billy decided to go after Gator's Marvel 1 Kansas City copy he offered it to me if I would cover some of his payments to Gator. Rick, being the generous sort that he is, had set up an extended payment plan for Billy that made it a no-brainer for me. Viola...Detective 33.

the one thing I notice from this post is the name "rick"...and "gator"...maybe some foreshadowing of the new owner :baiting:

I hate to disappoint you buddy. But I wasn't planning on bringing it next week.

In fact any book that you might be thinking about sneaking off with has already been pulled from the Going to Pons-Con boxes.

I can read your mind!

detective33.jpg

I hate to disappoint you buddy. But I wasn't planning on bringing it next week.

In fact any book that you might be thinking about sneaking off with has already been pulled from the Going to Pons-Con boxes.

I can read your mind!

:pullhair:

detective33.jpg

Oh, I know the whole back story well. I was also tied into that whole shuffle as I had wanted the KC MC #1 when I bought Rick's MMC #9. I ended up taking BP's undercopy of Marvel #1 when he bought the KC copy.

That was quite an interesting multi way love Octagon going on.

lol

detective33.jpg

Oh, I know the whole back story well. I was also tied into that whole shuffle as I had wanted the KC MC #1 when I bought Rick's MMC #9. I ended up taking BP's undercopy of Marvel #1 when he bought the KC copy.

lol

and I need a tec 33 and a marvel 9...

detective33.jpg

lol

and I need a tec 33 and a marvel 9...

hm

detective33.jpg

yah, all boardees had a shot at this two summers ago when I had it. I do miss it time to time, but whenever I look at my Marvel 9, I forget about it....cheers to Marvel 9s Roy! :applause:

detective33.jpg

aren't you too busy with Actions 1-13? lol

detective33.jpg

yah, all boardees had a shot at this two summers ago when I had it. I do miss it time to time, but whenever I look at my Marvel 9, I forget about it....cheers to Marvel 9s Roy! :applause:
at the time I had an equally nice 4.5... now, I don't :cry:

detective33.jpg

nah, polished that run off weeks ago...

working on catman , once I get that 14 from the clink auction will be one book closer :devil:

detective33.jpg

and that 33 looks GREAT with your "walk-in" 31 Mr. B :grin: Might as well go for the whole Pre-Robin run :baiting:

detective33.jpg

working on catman , once I get that 14 from the clink auction will be one book closer :devil:

Have you / will you post run pics ? :gossip:

:headbang:

detective33.jpg

yes, I already posted the 1-13 action run on the boards a few weeks back...

detective33.jpg

We can't talk about one of the coolest comics of all time without posting a pic can we?

I think I love this comic more each day. Sorry guys. I just can't resist.

:cloud9:

MarvelMysteryComics9CGC5_0.jpg

detective33.jpg

at the time I had an equally nice 4.5... now, I don't :cry:
yah, I recall that copy...it was 4.5 cr/ow I think. who has it now?

detective33.jpg

Got the link or thread title - would love to check it out. :cloud9:

detective33.jpg

We can't talk about one of the coolest comics of all time without posting a pic can we?

:o My eyes are blinded by the 5.0 beauty!

detective33.jpg

post that book anytime buddy (thumbs u

detective33.jpg

Got the link or thread title - would love to check it out. :cloud9:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3742151&fpart=1

I bumped it for you, near top of gold now