• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Auctions - Counting FAIL

138 posts in this topic

Well I am now going to bid twice as much as I was ...maybe they will miscount my bid :)

Haha lol

Okay so I just noticed another error with there video. He says "it's tied for the highest page quality with the 9.0 allentown copy with off-white to white"

Well if that is true and it is tied for the highest page quality - how do you explain my Tec 33 CGC'd with WHITE PAGES. ???

(BTW my Tec 33 is a filler copy in my collection and it is a complete astonishment for it to have WHITE pages)

Cars salesman's sell pitch...

Hey if Heritage couldn't get it right with respect to counting to two with the Radio Funnies ashcans, how can it be expected to count to 6 or 7! :roflmao::devil:

this is what the description says

"We have never seen a "white pages" copy of this book, and the only other unrestored one we've seen certified "off-white to white" was the 9.0 Allentown copy."

I didn't listen to video, but I think they are refering to tied to the highest they have seen, not higher "out there" (shrug)

Well I am now going to bid twice as much as I was ...maybe they will miscount my bid :)

Haha lol

Okay so I just noticed another error with there video. He says "it's tied for the highest page quality with the 9.0 allentown copy with off-white to white"

Well if that is true and it is tied for the highest page quality - how do you explain my Tec 33 CGC'd with WHITE PAGES. ???

(BTW my Tec 33 is a filler copy in my collection and it is a complete astonishment for it to have WHITE pages)

Hey if Heritage couldn't get it right with respect to counting to two with the Radio Funnies ashcans, how can it be expected to count to 6 or 7! :roflmao::devil:

lol

"We have never seen a "white pages" copy of this book, and the only other unrestored one we've seen certified "off-white to white" was the 9.0 Allentown copy."

I didn't listen to video, but I think they are refering to tied to the highest they have seen, not higher "out there" (shrug)

The description is fine - its the video.

In the video it says : "Tied with the 9.0 allentown copy with the HIGHEST page quality of 'off white to white' "

Off-white to white is NOT the highest page quality people at heritage!

In the video it says : "Tied with the 9.0 allentown copy with the HIGHEST page quality of 'off white to white' "

They should hire you to do the all their Batman videos...and it will be perfect. Your the pro. (thumbs u

Haha lol

lol

:sick:

I forgot about that one!!!!!

Jeez - what is going on at heritage. I would be embarrassed.

""""Oh I am getting insider news from heritage's next upcoming auction - I hear they are auctioning off an Action Comics #7 and they describe it as "The first Superman appearance and first superman cover"""""" :roflmao:

( I joke of course)

Haha lol

lol

:sick:

I forgot about that one!!!!!

Jeez - what is going on at heritage. I would be embarrassed.

""""Oh I am getting insider news from heritage's next upcoming auction - I hear they are auctioning off an Action Comics #7 and they describe it as "The first Superman appearance and first superman cover"""""" :roflmao:

( I joke of course)

And it is tied with 8.0 in page quality. lol

while it may technically not be correct, as far as "collectible" copies, I have no problem with heritage's assesment... they probably researched all the census copies 1.0 and above... most would "assume" below 1.0 are not collectible copies and probably don't have white pages... I would give them a pass on that one (thumbs u

while it may technically not be correct, as far as "collectible" copies, I have no problem with heritage's assesment... they probably researched all the census copies 1.0 and above... most would "assume" below 1.0 are not collectible copies and probably don't have white pages... I would give them a pass on that one (thumbs u

Ouch... :tonofbricks:lol

there is no "ouch" lol , I was just pointing out a possible explaination... :foryou:

there is no "ouch" lol , I was just pointing out a possible explaination... :foryou:

Oh no I fully understand. The book G.A.tor and I are talking about is my 0.5 Tec 33 that is in very rough shape. And it is nothing more than a filler, until the next right Tec 33 comes around.

Anyway back to pages. I agree G.A.tor anything is possible on how they took page quality in consideration. But I wonder - if I have a 0.5 beater's beater and it has white pages - might another book in any other grade also have white pages on a Tec 33 that has been graded? Who knows. (I wish cgccomics.com census showed how many per page quality have been graded!)

They should hire you to do the all their Batman videos...and it will be perfect. Your the pro. (thumbs u

That would be a very nice dream job! :cloud9: And some may call it being a pro while others can call me a life time batman "geek" lol

I even own 3 copies of the DC archives Batman Vol 1. So where ever I go there is one waiting for me. I write this post currently with one sitting 3 feet from me. And I am thinking bout re-reading the Tec 33 story tonight! (thumbs u

That would be a very nice dream job! :cloud9: And some may call it being a pro while others can call me a life time batman "geek" lol

I even own 3 copies of the DC archives Batman Vol 1. So where ever I go there is one waiting for me. I write this post currently with one sitting 3 feet from me. And I am thinking bout re-reading the Tec 33 story tonight! (thumbs u

They'll even hook you up and won't charge you that 19% buyers premium on your next Tec purchase. (thumbs u If I have any story questions about GA Batman, I know who to contact.

Oh no I fully understand. The book G.A.tor and I are talking about is my 0.5 Tec 33 that is in very rough shape. And it is nothing more than a filler, until the next right Tec 33 comes around.

Anyway back to pages. I agree G.A.tor anything is possible on how they took page quality in consideration. But I wonder - if I have a 0.5 beater's beater and it has white pages - might another book in any other grade also have white pages on a Tec 33 that has been graded? Who knows. (I wish cgccomics.com census showed how many per page quality have been graded!)

my old 4.5 copy was ow/w :cool:

my old 4.5 copy was ow/w :cool:

Very interesting. My new 5.0 is ow/w. hm

detective33.jpg

:hi: Mr. B. Nice book and looks familiar :cool: Now go back to Timelys and stop collect Pre Robins lol

PS...I wouldn't mind getting that 33 back someday :baiting:

get in line, that book is leaving with ME next week....though I am not sure richard knows it yet