• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-Silver Age DC Superhero-SURVIVOR SERIES-Round 7

-Silver Age DC Superhero-SURVIVOR SERIES-Round 7  

147 members have voted

1. 1. -Silver Age DC Superhero-SURVIVOR SERIES-Round 7

31 posts in this topic

I don't know if any of those are in my top ten SA super hero covers.

The only one in this list I find iconic is Showcase 34, and I really hope it wins. That is one coolass cover, even for a DC.

:baiting:Fanboy

It still appears that many are voting because a cover is a supposed classic and not because of what they are actually looking at. How JLA #21 or B&B #79 or some of these Showcase covers made it this far boggles the mind since so many better covers have been voted off.

Vote for the COVER....not the BOOK.... rantrant

A great number of people have voted this round. (worship)

I am quite surprised at what our top 10 is shaping up to be.

Very surprised to see that Flash cover getting the fewest votes. Not impressed by it at all. 2c

Andy

Interesting break down but only 7 of the remaining covers are 12 cents. The 3 Deadman, the last two Adam Strange and the 2 Justice League covers. All the rest are 10 cents.

Since DC switched from 10 cents to 12 at the beginning of 1962, 13 of our top 20 were published by 1961. The 3 Deadman covers are the only comics published after 1964.

Interesting break down but only 7 of the remaining covers are 12 cents. The 3 Deadman, the last two Adam Strange and the 2 Justice League covers. All the rest are 10 cents.

Since DC switched from 10 cents to 12 at the beginning of 1962, 13 of our top 20 were published by 1961. The 3 Deadman covers are the only comics published after 1964.

DC's classic period ended in about 1964, so that's not too surprising. There were lots of cool covers in the later SA, but they just don't rise to the level of the clean, colorful images of the early days, imo.

I'm only 60% surprised...so far.

Anybody else notice the similarity between the two monsters on GL #8 & MIS #55? Are they cousins?

Rick

No, but I bet Adam Strange's pal is insanely jealous of the 5700 AD monster's fancy gunbelt and holster.

Jack

who wouldn't be?

It still appears that many are voting because a cover is a supposed classic and not because of what they are actually looking at. How JLA #21 or B&B #79 or some of these Showcase covers made it this far boggles the mind since so many better covers have been voted off.

Vote for the COVER....not the BOOK.... rantrant

rantrantrantrant