• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ToS #39

33 posts in this topic

It is truely a real story. I have about 1000 comics I found in the trash all from the '58-'65 era. Alot of Archie, but some other sweet comics. Like JLA # 1-10. Green Lantern 1-20. FF#1-4 and 12. Yes I hit the mother load. And yes it is a tear in the top left corner.

wow...crazy but it is indeed a mother load even if you are talking all low to mid grade books.

without the tear, the book is a 7.0 but the tear might bright it down below 6.0...lets see the pros' opinions later.

It is truely a real story. I have about 1000 comics I found in the trash all from the '58-'65 era. Alot of Archie, but some other sweet comics. Like JLA # 1-10. Green Lantern 1-20. FF#1-4 and 12. Yes I hit the mother load. And yes it is a tear in the top left corner.
DAMN!!!! dude you did hit the comic book lottery (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship) (worship)

Just like finding someone's wallet, you should check to see if anyone local has been burglarized. This is too great of a find for it to be 'dumb luck'. Even the most ignorant would have some idea that there was some value in these comics. Where is it you say you're from?

All those comics are mine. I didn't mean to throw them all out, I was just very emotional after Tiger's heartfelt apology.

Would you mind giving them all back to me?

Thanks!

PS: 6.0

PPS: If you do try to track down the owner, make sure you leave out a couple of significant details, that way you can say something like, "what would you say about the Spiderman #4?" and if they answer "missing top half of cover" you know they know the books.

Yeah, there's something wrong here. The same user ID sells on ebay, yet lists his items as from: NY, NJ, New England, & Hong Kong. He's been involved with comics related forums, and just happens upon a collection of 1,000 comics in the trash....

Yeah, I'm calling him out. Not out of jealousy, but because there is something fishy going on here...

Really, I am pretty legit. I live on Long island NY, I had my E-bay account stolen a while back because I left my password as ebay123 lol. But I was not the one who actually found the books my father-in-law was because he works for a local gas company he has to go around to all the homes tha have been forclosed/abandonded/sold and shut their gass off and (trust me when i say) he has brought home alot of $hitty stuff from people's garbage, and to have him pull these milk crates from the back of his truck and say "you think these are worth anything?" I nearly myself. Whether or not you want to beleive me is one thing, I have no need to lie, and i really don;t need the money, I am a network admin and my wife is a doctor, I was just sharing my story.

Really, I am pretty legit. I live on Long island NY, I had my E-bay account stolen a while back because I left my password as ebay123 lol. But I was not the one who actually found the books my father-in-law was because he works for a local gas company he has to go around to all the homes tha have been forclosed/abandonded/sold and shut their gass off and (trust me when i say) he has brought home alot of $hitty stuff from people's garbage, and to have him pull these milk crates from the back of his truck and say "you think these are worth anything?" I nearly myself. Whether or not you want to beleive me is one thing, I have no need to lie, and i really don;t need the money, I am a network admin and my wife is a doctor, I was just sharing my story.

I don't mean to sound accusitory towards you, but I feel like there is something more to this story. I believe your father-in-law has stumbled across property that might have been stolen. Have you even thought about locating the original owner or contacting the Suffolk County Sheriff? Better to turn these in, and wait to see, then to be arrested for possession of stolen property, IMO.

I don't mean to sound accusitory towards you, but I feel like there is something more to this story. I believe your father-in-law has stumbled across property that might have been stolen. Have you even thought about locating the original owner or contacting the Suffolk County Sheriff? Better to turn these in, and wait to see, then to be arrested for possession of stolen property, IMO.

Nice Books, sadly working with foreclosed homes I have only found copper to modern age books. I never took anything from the homes. The inspectors and re-securing crews are suppose to notify the bank if there is personal property on site and the bank then notifies the previous owner to get their stuff or it will be disposed of. Sadly and I see it a lot, the people re-securing the property take the stuff for themselves first.

On another note did your Father in law find this in the carport/ garage? The cleanning crew will first bag up personal property in large black bags and place it in these locations until the owner has a chance to get their stuff. Then the clean up crews can do what they want with it after the time has passed. I have found fully furnished homes, cars, boats, you name it. All in foreclosed homes waiting for the owner to come back and get it.