• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'The Boys' appreciation thread!!!

69 posts in this topic

Get the hell out of here, Pat!!

Actually, I see what you're saying. Preacher was a more meaningful book, if that makes sense. Marvelfangirl - I would strongly recommend it!

I think The Boys is more pleasurable for me though overall. I love the characters but in a more lighthearted fashion. I hope that makes some sense.

Actually, I see what you're saying. Preacher was a more meaningful book, if that makes sense. Marvelfangirl - I would strongly recommend it!

I think The Boys is more pleasurable for me though overall. I love the characters but in a more lighthearted fashion. I hope that makes some sense.

It's because you're a sick puppy! That last issue was hilarious (especially the scene where the hooker is paid to stay until noon).

I'm glad they are doing the origins and not dragging it out. It's really adds to the story.

Pat

It's because you're a sick puppy! That last issue was hilarious (especially the scene where the hooker is paid to stay until noon).

I'm glad they are doing the origins and not dragging it out. It's really adds to the story.

Pat

Agree with everything you said, especially the sick puppy part. That scene with the hooker was very funny. I was laughing my azz off.

Pat

Agree with everything you said, especially the sick puppy part. That scene with the hooker was very funny. I was laughing my azz off.

The great part is that, not only was it funny, it was relational to his origin. That's just two-birds-with-one-stone good times.

Pat

Preacher is better than The Boys - it has more meaning and structure.

But The Boys is supposed to be 'lighter' in tone and it certainly is that.

I thought that first dozen or so issues were better than recent ones - it was if they expected it to get pulled (and not just switch publishers) and didn't have any long term plan for the characters.

Still, one of my monthly faves but I always expect more from GE.

I really must pick up Preacher, It's one i've wanted to read in ages andif it's better than the boys then it's a must read. aaarrrggghhhh too much to read and so little time :pullhair:

Preacher is a must..i got the first TPB, read it and went out imediatly that day and bought the rest. I would't say it was better than the Boys, just classical different. The Preacher ended when it couldve been so much more. I think the Boys will keep running and running. Robertson told me at the start that they intended 60 issues, much like Preacher and Y the Last Man, but now he singing a different tune....stating this might be a run, ie it'll stop when people stop buying it!

gotta be honest....i thought this thread would invite more conversation than this. we're talking about a comic book that DC cancelled and issued a recall at issue # 6 because of how inappropriate it is. a comic book Ennis himself has said will "out Preacher, Preacher." (if he was refering to the sex and violence then he did that in the first issue) a comic book, the rights to which have already been purchased by Columbia Pictures, film adaptation in the works. come on, discuss...

This book was my favorite read for a while, but i felt like the X-Men spoof arc was kind of a whiff. I wanted it to be great but it wasn't. They haven't gotten the momentum back yet, but the origin issues have been great.

The MM origin issue has scarred me forever. But I think I might go and read it again in a few minutes.

I just flat out don't like what's going on with Hughie at all right now. Butcher is being a spoon.

To clarify - obviously most people aren't going to like anything bad happening to Hughie, and I'm scared for him. But I hate it to the point that I wish it wasn't a storyline at all, I'm not enjoying it.

The MM origin issue has scarred me forever. But I think I might go and read it again in a few minutes.

I just flat out don't like what's going on with Hughie at all right now. Butcher is being a spoon.

hm Man now I HAVE to read it...

This book was my favorite read for a while, but i felt like the X-Men spoof arc was kind of a whiff. I wanted it to be great but it wasn't. They haven't gotten the momentum back yet, but the origin issues have been great.

you right i suppose, it has lost its momentum and i hope it gets it back soon...

finally got around to reading # 41, and gotta say im getting a little disappointed...ok, it's got the usual humour in there....(the new supe with tourettes is a nice touch and made me laugh out loud), but it's like they've become bored writing it. it started out at break neck speed and as ennis said, he was gonna try beat what he did with the 'Preacher' (and we all know what a beautiful, ground breaking read that was). if he wants to come on par now, he's gonna have to pick up pace with the story line. 2c thoughts???

Nice, you got your sig up - looks great!

I do feel like there is a bit of drag in the story right now, but I still really enjoy it. Those pics of the Homelander in the last issue were pretty great.

Nice, you got your sig up - looks great!

I do feel like there is a bit of drag in the story right now, but I still really enjoy it. Those pics of the Homelander in the last issue were pretty great.

thanks for the kudos on the sig line Kath... (thumbs u

can't wait for Dr Watson to see it!!! :devil::whee: