• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Archie History Book--Help Desired!

12 posts in this topic

I am writing and designing a book of the history of Archie Comics, "Archie Comics: Seven Decades and Beyond". This is for Yoe Books an imprint of IDW. We are working closely with Archie Comics on this exciting project. This book will similar to the big coffee table history books of Marvel and DC a few years back.

I am looking for information on Vic Bloom, Bob Montana, Harry Lucey, info on other artists, rare ephemera (toys, sketches, advertisements, letters, photos), Golden Age art, Archie store magazines, unusual publications, outstanding Sliver Art, contact with vintage artists, writers, and behind the scenes people, scans of key covers and stories, etc.

I also very welcome ideas for the best individual stories of the different decades, the best covers, suggestions like that are most welcome. The book will concentrate on the Archie characters but include choice info and art on the superheroes, etc, too. I very much welcome thoughts on what you would like to see in the book and deeply appreciate any help you can offer.

Everyone that helps in some concrete way will be acknowledged in the book and people of particular assistance will also get a complimentary copy. I will need color scans of any images at 300 dpi.

I can be contacted at yoecomix (at) hotmail

THANKS MUCH!--Craig Yoe

4375098917_986aea2238.jpg

I think this is a fiche scan from Shield (who scanned all of the MLJ series)

but I can provide a better scan from my coverless copy.

Love the old car, it is a classic which survived until the sixties, I think. Or at least something similar survived.

Art by Montana who did a lot of great work and deserves more credit.