• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-Silver Age DC Superhero-SURVIVOR SERIES-Round 8

-Silver Age DC Superhero-SURVIVOR SERIES-Round 8  

147 members have voted

1. 1. -Silver Age DC Superhero-SURVIVOR SERIES-Round 8

27 posts in this topic

:ohnoez::whee:THE TOP 10!!! :whee::ohnoez:

Silver Age DC Superhero Survivor Series Round 8

The goal is to determine the greatest Silver Age DC Superhero cover of all time. We will be voting off our 5 least favorite covers from the list provided.

If you hover your mouse over the thumbnail picture, you can see the name and issue number of the comic. Click on the thumbnail if you wish to see the full-size scan.

The poll is at the bottom of this post.

Let's have lots of chit chat as the rounds progress. :gossip:

This is an 11-round marathon. These rounds will last 2 days each. We'll vote off 39 in round 1, 30 in round 2, 30 in round 3, 30 in round 4, 30 in round 5, 20 in round 6, 10 in round 7, 5 in round 8, 2 in round 9, 1 in round 10, and then the final showdown to crown our champion. :acclaim:

I'll repeat once more, please vote for your 5 least favorite covers here.

BB28.jpg

flash123.jpg

GL8.jpg

jla21.jpg

mis55.jpg

mis90.jpg

seadevils1.jpg

showcase22.jpg

showcase29.jpg

showcase34.jpg

Diversity in tastes....I've been voting off Flash 123 since the first round....and I LOVE Showcase 29.....to me the battle is between it and MIS 90. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Pretty tough to pick at this point. I've been voting off Flash 123 for quite a few rounds, but it obviously has a lot of support. I like JLA 21, but it's not even close to my favorite JLA cover, so I voted for it too (great colors and great Anderson art, but it's still a bunch of grown men holding hands...).

Other than that....very tough.

Pretty tough to pick at this point. I've been voting off Flash 123 for quite a few rounds, but it obviously has a lot of support. I like JLA 21, but it's not even close to my favorite JLA cover, so I voted for it too (great colors and great Anderson art, but it's still a bunch of grown men holding hands...).

Other than that....very tough.

Tight voting but 5 are clearly in the lead to leave. Showcase 34 is the surprise to me -- I thought at least one of my top favorites would survive into the last round.

Jack

Well, at least JLA #21 is going away. It is by far the lamest cover remaining. I love the book and the JSA, but the cover is goofy.

I have alot of love for the washtones. As far as just going by the art alone, GL #8, MIS #55, and Showcase #29 blow the rest away. I also really think Flash #123 is the most iconic cover and I think it deserves to win the whole thing.

I'll keep voting, but this poll lost its luster when Showcase 12 got booted.

Just sayin'.

That happened for me when all the Bat books got voted off.

;)

Batman would dominate a BA DC superhero poll, I bet.

Flash 123 has always been one of my favorites. I loved the concept of the two earths so DC could reintroduce the Golden Age characters. This book was one of the first grail books that i had. That is also why I liked the annual 2 part JLA/JSA crossovers including the JLA 21 still remaining.

I remember being so happy when I traded for a copy when i was a dealer at the LA con back in its heyday when it was at the Ambasador hotel. Traded a pile of books i am sure, but if felt great to finally own that book.