• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AAARRGGGHHHH!!!! Damaged Comic in mail

44 posts in this topic

I consigned my WWT 12 9.8 white. and it didn't sell so I figured I would get it back and try to trade it off. There are only 3 in census and this was the only white pager. I got it back today in a priorty mail box Smashed to hell and back even the inner well is damaged. I don't think it will be a 9.8 anymore due to this. There was literally a hole punched into the side of the box into the side of the slab. I will post pictures after I get my daughter from school. A $1000+ book f'd up. I asked for the book to be insured when returned to me and checking I see no insurance on the box.

I have never been this upset over a book before!!!!

If a self-printed mailing label was used, the notation for insurance is small and can easily be missed. There's no separate label.

Which cosignor did you have it at? Hopefully you can get it resolved.

Sounds like the place you consigned it with owes you some money. But my guess is their commercial policy covers it rather than it being shown on the box.

I hope so the label isn't preprinted and shows no indication of insurance.

Here are the pictures.

The outer box you can clearly see a hole punched into it.

The second box is heavily dented in that spot.

Even with additional bubble wrap here is the result.

f004.jpg

f003.jpg

f002-1.jpg

f001.jpg

f005.jpg

f006.jpg

I called the consigner and left a message. I am sure it will be resolved, but I have never recieved a slab like this and had a comic this valuable damaged.. The inner well is even bent.

Here are the pictures.

The outer box you can clearly see a hole punched into it.

The second box is heavily dented in that spot.

Even with additional bubble wrap here is the result.

f004.jpg

f003.jpg

f002-1.jpg

f001.jpg

f005.jpg

f006.jpg

DAMN! :o Jeez dude it hurts to look at it. :( I feel for you.

Sadly I spend almost $30.00 sending it in between insurance, being registered mail mail and all. I was so worried about anything happening to an expensive book I even used the CGC box for just that one book it came to me in just a couple months ago.

I had this book for a couple of years to use as an investment. I finally had it slabbed before Christmas so I could sell it.

Some dealers have a rider on their insurance for shipping purposes. I know Collectibles Insurance will insure up to $50or $60K during shipping.

I wouldn't panic until you hear back from the consignor.