• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Detective Comics #31 CGC 2.5 sold for record price

244 posts in this topic

I know this will look small after the Action 1 just broke the million mark today.

But a Detective Comics #31 CGC 2.5 just sold for $14,000 on comicconnect.com - last CGC 2.5 sale was $12,000 last year.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=313476

:headbang: and that was the Trolley copy.
I missed that one years ago by a fraction :cry:

Dont know Rick. Now I forget if it was on C.C or the Metro site. But it was listed at 15k for sure.
well I hit metro's site daily, and I never recall seeing it there, so had to be CC (thumbs u

I was mildly kidding but with the way it is going it sure might. :P

Same with the Action 13.

You and I better get our copies (you a Tec 31 and myself an Action 13) of each before the prices = a new car. :sick:

You and I are half way to a pic like Gator's!

(Gator if you read this please post the Tec 31 + Action 13 = Mind explosion pic again in this thread :foryou: )

action1to13002.jpg

Come on Rick, show us something impressive. zzz

I was mildly kidding but with the way it is going it sure might. :P

Same with the Action 13.

You and I better get our copies (you a Tec 31 and myself an Action 13) of each before the prices = a new car. :sick:

You and I are half way to a pic like Gator's!

(Gator if you read this please post the Tec 31 + Action 13 = Mind explosion pic again in this thread :foryou: )

action1to13002.jpg

Come on Rick, show us something impressive. zzz

is this better (shrug)

action1to13003.jpg

That book was listed at 15k on the site. Someone got it for 14k.

Now who says Metro dosnt negotiate?

was it metro's book or a consigned copy (shrug)
i think consigned. I just missed it when it sold in 2005 on Ebay for $5500 (a steal for sure now), and Brent (QC) knew the person who had it. I tried to get them to sell to me, but they were not budging. So I guess they decided to sell, or somehow it got out to Metro...

any tec 31 is a smart buy (thumbs u
:cloud9: I'm going to sell my entire collection and just buy Tec 31s :grin:
I have 3 potentially for sale :baiting:

How about something at a realistic price.

:kidaround:

That book was listed at 15k on the site. Someone got it for 14k.

Now who says Metro dosnt negotiate?

was it metro's book or a consigned copy (shrug)
i think consigned. I just missed it when it sold in 2005 on Ebay for $5500 (a steal for sure now), and Brent (QC) knew the who had it. I tried to get them to sell to me, but they were not budging. So I guess they decided to sell, or somehow it got out to Metro...
interesting... I had just gotten back into buying comics in 2005 and I found marnin's site and saw it had sold and when I emailed him, he said it had just sold on ebay a few weeks earlier doh!

any tec 31 is a smart buy (thumbs u
:cloud9: I'm going to sell my entire collection and just buy Tec 31s :grin:
I have 3 potentially for sale :baiting:

How about something at a realistic price.

:kidaround:

FMV baby...FMV!

I knew that book wouldn't last too long. The buyer will be pleased with the book
I wonder if David (board member) got it?
dem1138... hm
yah, that's him...he has wanted a 3.0-5.0 copy for some time, and maybe he shelled out for this one.