• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If u buy a cgc book in the sell thread?

82 posts in this topic

If you bought it begging for a discount because you "needed it for your collection" and are now turning around to flip it we'll be pouring the dirt in your grave by morning.

lol

who hasn't had this happen to them here? i got a quick intro to the boards when i sold someone their "grail book" and saw it on ebay 3 weeks later.

Sucker

Quote FAIL.

Don't see you fixing it, dufus
:acclaim:

If you bought it begging for a discount because you "needed it for your collection" and are now turning around to flip it we'll be pouring the dirt in your grave by morning.

Now where did I put that shovel?

Now where did I put that shovel?

Why, is it for sale?

:devil:

You must wait until the first Hunter's Moon following the vernal equinox that immediately precedes the first anniversary of your purchase of the book.

Plus you forgot, the book can only be resold at a loss otherwise you will be shunned, called a flipper.

dont forget greedy and dirtbag

You must wait until the first Hunter's Moon following the vernal equinox that immediately precedes the first anniversary of your purchase of the book.

Plus you forgot, the book can only be resold at a loss otherwise you will be shunned, called a flipper.

dont forget greedy and dirtbag

(tsk) dirtbag is only approved for use if the book has been pressed in between sales :sumo:

If I ask for a discount of any kind, even if it's just free shipping, I offer the book to the original seller at the original price before I sell it. First right of refusal and all that.

If I buy the book unconditionally, I look at them on a case-by-case basis. If the book came from a collection and I get the feeling the book might mean something to the original seller, I offer it back to them. If I buy it from a dealer/seller (rather than a collector), I generally don't consult with them should I decide to sell.

I feel that the first right of refusal is the courteous thing to do and if more people did it, a lot of these "flipper" accusations would be a non-issue. My 2c

If I ask for a discount of any kind, even if it's just free shipping, I offer the book to the original seller at the original price before I sell it. First right of refusal and all that.

If I buy the book unconditionally, I look at them on a case-by-case basis. If the book came from a collection and I get the feeling the book might mean something to the original seller, I offer it back to them. If I buy it from a dealer/seller (rather than a collector), I generally don't consult with them should I decide to sell.

I feel that the first right of refusal is the courteous thing to do and if more people did it, a lot of these "flipper" accusations would be a non-issue. My 2c

I don't do any of that, nor do I expect anyone to do that for books purchased from me. I offer books at what I can afford to sell them and buy them for as cheap as I can. I do not, however, make up any sob stories about them being for my collection. I could care less what a book sells for if it no longer belongs to me. Hopefully the new owner makes a buck on it, but it really isn't any of my business. That's just my take on it of course and I admire those with more diligence and patience than I have.

Have I ever told the story of g-man buying a book from me on the boards and subsequently posting it for sale here...even though the book was still physically in my possession? (shrug)

Have I ever told the story of g-man buying a book from me on the boards and subsequently posting it for sale here...even though the book was still physically in my possession? (shrug)

You think you're the only one?

hm