• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So If You Could Spend 1 Million Dollars

58 posts in this topic

Would you rather buy this?

Frazetta Painting

http://scifiwire.com/2009/11/frank-frazetta-conan-pain.php

or this?

Action 1 8.0

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/archives/action_comics_1_sells_for_million_dollars/

Personally I would go with the painting. I am very curious which people would prefer to own. And yes you HAVE to spend the 1 million on one of these two items. Or sub in another comic item that is worth 1mil.....

hmm its tough to choose between Holy grail OA and holy grail milestone book, i would have to go with the action 1 though but the reasoning would be applicable to the frazzetta also, both values will continue to increase over time, but i think with Frank's age that his has a chance of going up in value much sooner

Neither for me, personally I dont like putting that kind of money into one item, my luck I end up damaging the book and then I would be out hundreds of thousands of dollars. That money would be better spent on several smaller yet "grail" type of pieces.

Neither for me, personally I dont like putting that kind of money into one item, my luck I end up damaging the book and then I would be out hundreds of thousands of dollars. That money would be better spent on several smaller yet "grail" type of pieces.

Thats not the point of the thread :P

You HAVE to spend 1mil on 1 Comic related item.

Thats not the point of the thread :P

You HAVE to spend 1mil on 1 Comic related item.

Then I would go with the Painting, I would love the action 1 but I would probably just store it in a safe deposit box and rarely see it. The painting at least I would see daily, and would be less worried about damaging it.

I know this is blasphemy to most, but Frazetta just doesn't appeal to me. I appreciate what he's done for the fantasy genre, but there's no personal appeal there.

Given the two, I'd go with the Action 1 as it has more relevance to me personally, even though I'm not much of a DC/Superman guy.

I've said it before and it still holds true, if I did get an Action 1 like this, I'd sell it and use the money for a top census AF15 as it would be far more meaningful to me personally. Hell, I could likely buy a really nice house with the money that's left over.

To me I would want the Frazetta painting more because it is a one of a kind. On top of that if you have seen a Frazetta painting in person it is something that leaves you in amazement.

Over the last few years, I have been to the Louvre, Both Dali Museums, Musee D'Orsee (spelling likely wrong) Picasso Museum, Van Gogh museum, all major museums in NY.........

And you know what.......I am blown away by the technicality and quality of Frazetta paintings over LOTS of the art that I have seen around.

So to me on one hand you get a comic book that was mass reproduced.........on the other hand.....you get something that is one of a kind......

but it is a great topic for debate.

I'd buy the Action 1, and sell it the next week. Doesn't matter if I lose money, since you've given me the $1million, it's all profit.;) Then I'd buy a low grade Action 1 and an All American 16 pay my taxes and put the rest away till I decided what to spend it on.

I'd buy the Action 1, and sell it the next week. Doesn't matter if I lose money, since you've given me the $1million, it's all profit.;) Then I'd buy a low grade Action 1 and an All American 16 pay my taxes and put the rest away till I decided what to spend it on.

I don't know what it is, but your posts always have a calming presence, Sharon. :cloud9:

If I had a million dollars I'd blow all on really super expensive hookers, cheap liquor, jewel encrusted toilet seats, and after arguably the best two weeks of my life, if I still had a couple of hundred dollars, I'd buy a dog from the local pound, go back home and ask for forgiveness..... :sorry: