• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Metropolis Press Release

7 posts in this topic

If you go to the Metro website:

www.metropoliscomics.com

you will see a nice press release and people apparently inundating them with calls to sell collections (how many 1990s death of supermans do you think they've been offered?). What I thought was funny on the website was the invitation to "invest" but only if you had $10k or more -- it's like the hedge fund of comics!

Oh wait, I see that the press release is at the bottom of the page.

If you aren't used to pages vertically layed out in this fashion, and see the note "due to high traffic volume..." you think you've hit an error page, and are being routed to a contact form, but in actual fact, you have to scroll down to see the book and the press release.

only two have received a grading of 8.0 (Very Fine) or higher. This particular book is one of them, making it among the rarest of the rare.

Doesn't mention CGC grading, just grading. Is the Dentist's copy better than either the 8.0 and 8.5? hm

only two have received a grading of 8.0 (Very Fine) or higher. This particular book is one of them, making it among the rarest of the rare.

Doesn't mention CGC grading, just grading. Is the Dentist's copy better than either the 8.0 and 8.5? hm

Yes.

This temp page looks awful, at least in Firefox. If this were my first exposure to this company, I'd be pretty wary. Not that I love CC's normal website but this screams fly by night operation.

If you go to the Metro website:

www.metropoliscomics.com

you will see a nice press release and people apparently inundating them with calls to sell collections (how many 1990s death of supermans do you think they've been offered?). What I thought was funny on the website was the invitation to "invest" but only if you had $10k or more -- it's like the hedge fund of comics!

It also comes off a bit "elitist" if you ask me.