• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looks like a major Frazetta painting is up on Heritage

16 posts in this topic

Where does this piece come from? Is this one that was in the museum?

I just noticed this announcement (top right)

http://frazettaartgallery.com/

Is this something old that they didn't update or is this new? If the museum is going to start selling paintings I'd be careful not to set any records with the purchase of the one on Heritage. You never know what's going to come out if the museum is releasing pieces or what the sudden supply of high end paintings would do to the prices.

Where does this piece come from? Is this one that was in the museum?

I just noticed this announcement (top right)

http://frazettaartgallery.com/

Is this something old that they didn't update or is this new? If the museum is going to start selling paintings I'd be careful not to set any records with the purchase of the one on Heritage. You never know what's going to come out if the museum is releasing pieces or what the sudden supply of high end paintings would do to the prices.

I have not seen the announcement before on the Frazetta website. It will be interesting to see which paintings are sold by the museum. I would imagine that the one million dollar price record, set by Berserker last year, should be eclipsed by a number of Frazetta's more famous paintings, including Egyptian Queen, Death Dealer and Barbarian.

Guy, guys, guys, please stop speculating.

The painting cited is owned by Jane and Howard Frank. They bought it at auction back in the 90s.

I saw it at their home a few years ago and it is breathtaking.

The Museum art is in safe, insured, fireproof art storage.

The family is NOT considering selling the museum collection...the $1 Mil sale last year was not part of a planned sell off. It was frankly a favor to a (wealthy) patron who had been asking to buy the painting for years. It didn't hurt that the price was so strong for a single painting for a living artist.

The family is making plans and considering their options. They do not intend to keep the art in storage indefinitely, and Frank and his children look forward to the day when his fans can once again see these great pieces in person.

Stay tuned. We are planning some great things.

Rob Pistella

Frazetta Management

Thank you Rob for the straight poop here.

My best wishes to Frank Sr.

Guy, guys, guys, please stop speculating.

The painting cited is owned by Jane and Howard Frank. They bought it at auction back in the 90s.

I saw it at their home a few years ago and it is breathtaking.

The Museum art is in safe, insured, fireproof art storage.

The family is NOT considering selling the museum collection...the $1 Mil sale last year was not part of a planned sell off. It was frankly a favor to a (wealthy) patron who had been asking to buy the painting for years. It didn't hurt that the price was so strong for a single painting for a living artist.

The family is making plans and considering their options. They do not intend to keep the art in storage indefinitely, and Frank and his children look forward to the day when his fans can once again see these great pieces in person.

Stay tuned. We are planning some great things.

Rob Pistella

Frazetta Management