• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ACTION/SUPERMAN/SPIDEY/CAP/FF JUST GRADED /NOW 10% off + free shipping

55 posts in this topic

Just got the grades today folks, and hopefully will have the books back next week.

No scans available on these till they are back.

:takeit: is king but welcome PM's all the time along with offers.

Shipping for orders UNDER $150 will be $9 in the U.S., anything over is free.

Action #293 9.2 c/ow (second highest grade behind 1 9.4) $300

Action #320 9.2 ow (second highest grade behind 1 9.4) $200

Action #332 8.5 c/ow $45

Action #336 8.0 ow $30

Action #344 9.6 white (HIGHEST graded only 2 9.6) $600

Action #351 9.4 ow $200

Action #353 9.2 ow/w $95

Amazing Spider-man #128 9.2 ow/w $45 ----------- SOLD

Atom and Hawkman #43 9.0 c/ow (restored, small amount c.t. thanks to our friend Greg White) $25 --------- SOLD

Captain America #116 9.6 ow/w $250 -------- SOLD

Fantastic Four #84 9.0 c/ow $50

Superman #189 8.5 ow/w $50

Superman #222 9.2 white $120

Thanks for looking!

Steve

Care to share the Greg White story?

Purchased the book on Ebay from seller "iselldisney...(can't remember the complete name). When the book came in I realized that it was from his store. Now I have never dealt with personally because I have heard he is very good at selling restored books and forgetting to mention it...well lo and behold here is another one! I am looking for a nice copy of this issue which seems to be relatively scarce and was HOPING for something this inexpensive he wouldn't have done or knew if something was done to it...unfortunately by the time I sent it in, it was already to late, he never left me any feedback so I could go back to him AND I can't remember his complete ebay user name.

If this was alot of money, I would drive to his store and have a nice one on one chat with him.. :mad:

Steve

Purchased the book on Ebay from seller "iselldisney...(can't remember the complete name). When the book came in I realized that it was from his store. Now I have never dealt with personally because I have heard he is very good at selling restored books and forgetting to mention it...well lo and behold here is another one! I am looking for a nice copy of this issue which seems to be relatively scarce and was HOPING for something this inexpensive he wouldn't have done or knew if something was done to it...unfortunately by the time I sent it in, it was already to late, he never left me any feedback so I could go back to him AND I can't remember his complete ebay user name.

If this was alot of money, I would drive to his store and have a nice one on one chat with him.. :mad:

Steve

I recall fairly recently a reputable boardie posted a comment along the lines of: he would be civil to Greg White at a con but that he'd never buy from him again. Why? Because he bought a raw book from him at a previous con and quickly discovered it had color touch (I think he said the con had poor lighting) and went back to Greg White with the book before the con was over (maybe the same day? :shrug:) and White wouldn't give him his money back. But he would give him a credit. It's stories like that that pile up and make you think of that cliche, Where there's smoke, there's...

Steve

I recall fairly recently a reputable boardie posted a comment along the lines of: he would be civil to Greg White at a con but that he'd never buy from him again. Why? Because he bought a raw book from him at a previous con and quickly discovered it had color touch (I think he said the con had poor lighting) and went back to Greg White with the book before the con was over (maybe the same day? :shrug:) and White wouldn't give him his money back. But he would give him a credit. It's stories like that that pile up and make you think of that cliche, Where there's smoke, there's...

That would've been me. But you are wrong about one fact...anyone that's met me at a Con or Forum get-together can attest to the fact that I'm fairly disreputable. :insane:

Not to jump on the semi-OT discussion here... but can someone describe said dealer to me? I believe I met this dealer and he was subject to one of my rants when I was at the Boston Con in OCT. hm

Mac Man, the birthday boy, on a rant? :whatthe: Wish it was available on youtube.

I know Greg White used to have a store in Kissimmee, Florida. He's still in Florida. Longish hair. If I had to stereotype, hippie-ish. And I know he's not exactly a fan of CGC.