• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Shaprie pen Colour Touch Up question...

46 posts in this topic

There is a comic that I am looking at -- but it has been slightly CT.

I'd be interested in removing this, but I'm not sure how likely this would be?

I have heard that sharpie pens aren't possible to remove?

Is there anybody out there that could help? Ze-Man? Matt Nelson? Anybody?

IMG_0003-5.jpg

and the inside front cover, very small amount of bleed through...

IMG_0004-8.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

I'm thinking of still going for it, but getting it signed by Stan Lee, or possibly (please don't cuss me out for thinking this if it's crazy), but I'm thinking... if i got the little piece taken out -- would that be stupid? I'm thinking it would :( It just kills me that there's nothing you can do to it, seeing as it's such a nice book.

I'm thinking of still going for it, but getting it signed by Stan Lee, or possibly (please don't cuss me out for thinking this if it's crazy), but I'm thinking... if i got the little piece taken out -- would that be stupid? I'm thinking it would :( It just kills me that there's nothing you can do to it, seeing as it's such a nice book.

Get Stan to sign over the sharpie

Hey at least you didn't buy it at full price to find out later! I'd pick it up if the price is around a 1/3rd market value. Usually seems to be for a book with slight resto. I got a "possibly trimmed" X-men #9 recently for around 1/3rd and it's a VF- or so and really really nice!

You can remove the color touch by removing the paper that is there.

Some people are ok with it, some are not.

Just throwing it out there.

works for me ...if it can still get a blue label

works for me ...if it can still get a blue label

Not to be crass, but it is this kind of backwards thinking that enables the destruction of books akin to trimming, which is for the most part abhorred in our community.

I don't blame CGC for putting these kinds of bleed through CT removal books in Blue Holders, all they can do is grade the book in front of them. Which in this instance are damaged books with paper gouged out. I would rather lay blame at the feet of people thinking CT removal through paper loss is better them a few dots of CT, all because of what color label it will receive.

2c

I don't disagree with you Ze, but I do own quite a few books that were scraped to get into a blue label.

It's unavoidable.

Well I think it depends on what type of CT you are talking about.

When you say you own a few books that were "scraped" to remove CT, I assume you mean surface applied CT? (typical of many GA books with Glue/CT), that is a whole different beast then Marker applied CT that bled through the cover and needs to be excised completely like a tumor.

It can obviously vary greatly from book to book depending on who applied it, what they used and how much.

I don't have as much a problem with removing CT that has not bled through the cover because in most cases it is sitting right there on top and can be scraped off or cleaned away. And even if stubborn the loss is minimal compared to drilling holes, or gouging out entire portions of the cover.

In the end it just is irksome that people don't mind destroying part of a book, taking the lesser grade all because of something so minor as Slight CT.

But I do get it, Blue rules.

In the end it just is irksome that people don't mind destroying part of a book, taking the lesser grade all because of something so minor as Slight CT.

But I do get it, Blue rules.

(worship)

I also dont understand the difference trimming and cutting out amateur CT. (beyond a cgc label)