• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7 hours to go on the TEC 27 8.0......

54 posts in this topic

I hope it does well. With Action 1 in 8.0 going for $1 million, this will give an interesting viewpoint as to Batman's popularity with the collecting community depending on the price difference.

hm I wonder if this means Batman has officially taken over Superman's position as top dog? OR, as I suspected over in the GA forum, if the Action 1 would have gone for even more if it went to auction over direct sale? hm Hm

I hope it does well. With Action 1 in 8.0 going for $1 million, this will give an interesting viewpoint as to Batman's popularity with the collecting community depending on the price difference.

hm I wonder if this means Batman has officially taken over Superman's position as top dog? OR, as I suspected over in the GA forum, if the Action 1 would have gone for even more if it went to auction over direct sale? hm Hm

No it dosnt .Supermans still a leader.He ushered in the golden age.He ushered in the Superhero and now he ushered in the Million dollar comic.He is a leader.

Batman was behind him in every one of those.

I think Metro could have gotten more than a million.....it sold mighty quick. I was surprised Fishler didn't start it at 1.5......GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Jim was going to say 1.1 but the Jack Daniels made him realize that 1.5 is more realistic.

:baiting:

I think Metro could have gotten more than a million.....it sold mighty quick. I was surprised Fishler didn't start it at 1.5......GOD BLESS...

I know it was listed and sold within minutes, but I don't know if that necessarily means the buyer and the seller weren't talking the book over and coming to agreement long before it was listed on the site.

Just sayin'

I know it was listed and sold within minutes, but I don't know if that necessarily means the buyer and the seller weren't talking the book over and coming to agreement long before it was listed on the site.

Just sayin'

You also don't know how many other buyers were interested in that book and missed the BIN. It's a possibility.

Jim was going to say 1.1 but the Jack Daniels made him realize that 1.5 is more realistic.

:baiting:

:whee:

Just sayin'

You also don't know how many other buyers were interested in that book and missed the BIN. It's a possibility.

Exactly. Who might have been left out of the equation, that's what I'm curious about. And the Tec 27 makes me think it is highly likely there is a community of collectors (albeit a small one) who can make runs for books like this.

Probably another generation before this book sees the light of day...

One thing is for sure....the buyer was on point and wasn't going to let it sit there long. GOD BLESS...

P.S. It wouldn't surprise me if Metro got a written right of first refusal if the buyer sells.

Just sayin'

Anything is possible, but it's not like those boys to leave any crumbs on the table. If there was more to get something tells me they would have gotten it.

Also I can't imagine a buyer not having seen and fully inspected a book of that caliber, or at least asking a dozen questions from condition, to payment details, to logistics of transfer, before locking himself in contractually to purchase the item.

As well, I can't image CC marking the item "sold" unless they were positive that the sale would go through, that the buyer had the funds, and there were no questions left unanswered. Otherwise I you might have seen "sale pending" or "on hold" but we didn't we saw "Sold". The damage a false "sold" denotation on the book would hamper efforts to sell it, at least in the short term.

That tells me that from the time the announcement came that the book would be offered on the site all the proper questions were being asked and answered by everyone who was interested. I don't think for a second that the first moment the buyer saw this book was when the sale listing went active. People who sell and buy these types of items tend to be more diligent and careful than a snap decision would indicate. That leads me to believe any and all of the usual suspects and able wallets had a shot at this book.

Either way, it's wonderful PR for the hobby, and it makes for nice conversation regardless.

Just sayin'

My winning the lottery is a possibility too. But not a very high one.

I think the chances that the book was listed without a buyer lined up already are equally slim.

Just sayin'

My winning the lottery is a possibility too. But not a very high one.

I think the chances that the book was listed without a buyer lined up already are equally slim.

Fishler is WAY too savvy to let a PR Goldmine like that pass beneath the radar. He's the only one who really pushes the mainstream marketing....he definitely earns the money. GOD BLESS...