• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Possible candidates for Captain America

82 posts in this topic

I could be down with the guy from Smallville, especially as an early Cap A. I'm fairly certain thats the one that plays Green Arrow. The dude is pretty ripped up. The problem I have is that once Cap makes it to the Avengers. Being team leader, whoever is playing him will have to have a bigger presence than Sam Jackson, Ed Norton, whoever they get to play Thor, and Robert Downey Jr.

That will be tough if you are a relative newcomer

Exactly. You're going to need a major player to command the screen in that sort of company. Guys from Smallville/Human Target/Prison Break/The ing Office just ain't going to cut it. doh!

The office rocks :baiting:

Well whoever ends up with the shield it seems Marvel Pictures wants him for a 9 movie deal...

Don't know if that amount of confidence is earned based on the names their throwing around...

ICv2.

According to The Reporter, Marvel Studios wants to sign its Captain America to a 9-picture deal, with The Avengers film being the second movie. The Captain America movie is set to debut on July 22, 2011.

What about Vin Diesel? They've already modified Nick Fury? (shrug)

How so? Sam Jackson was basically the model for Ultimate Nick Fury. There are a few examples of the movies using "Ultimate" material, so seeing Sam Jackson didn't seem like a big modification as his likeness was already in the comics.

Is this Captain America following traditional SA storyline? How would and african american fit in as SGT Fury in WW 2 ? I really dont care as long as they can make a great movie that makes sense to the people who will ride out 9 movies.

Sorry, I stopped reading comics in the early 90's. So I wouldn't know about that. Old school Fury had a full head of hair and chomped on a cigar. Let's see them put that in a movie today.

Here ya go.

51%2BOXcXHazL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Sorry, I stopped reading comics in the early 90's. So I wouldn't know about that. Old school Fury had a full head of hair and chomped on a cigar. Let's see them put that in a movie today.

Here ya go.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really think Daniel Craig would be great EXCEPT he's a little too old for the first part of the movie. Isn't Craig in his early forties?

There are ways around it if they wanted to go that route,look what they did with Brad Pitt in Benjamin Button.

I really think Daniel Craig would be great EXCEPT he's a little too old for the first part of the movie. Isn't Craig in his early forties?

There are ways around it if they wanted to go that route,look what they did with Brad Pitt in Benjamin Button.

True. I'd rather see Craig than any of those other guys. And if they use the Office guy, I may boycott. I mean come on! Cap is a freaking brute. (Just not Rob Liefeld brutish, but that's another thread...) Craig would be awesome if they could de-age him a little. And he's got those piercing blue bombardier eyes.

Born during the Great Depression, Steve Rogers grew up a frail youth in a poor family. Horrified by the newsreel footage of the Nazis in Europe,Rogers was inspired to enlist in the army. However, because of his frailty and sickness, he was rejected. Overhearing the boy's earnest plea,General Chester Phillips offered Rogers the opportunity to take part in a special experiment... Operation: Rebirth. After weeks of tests, Rogers was at last administered the Super-Solider Serum and bombarded by "vita-rays." Steve Rogers emerged from the treatment with a body as perfect as a body can be and still be human. Rogers was then put through an intensive physical and tactical training program. Three months later,he was given his first assignment as Captain America. Armed with his indestructible shield and battle savvy, Captain America has continued his war against evil both as a sentinel of liberty and as leader of the Avengers.

Jensen Ackles from Supernatural TV SHow comes to mind.

Here ya go.

The Hoff! :headbang: