• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

htmlcomics.com Does this change EVERYTHING?

243 posts in this topic

you can read more of her thoughts on the subject at her site (and buy some product if you ar so inclined!)

http://adistantsoil.com/2010/05/05/pirate-website-raided-by-fbi/

Sheesh, that site has a link to his criminal history online...this guy was constantly in and out of jail in the late 80s and early 90s, and he's had four aliases. I now have no reason to think he did this out of any motivation besides arrogance and malice. :(

you can read more of her thoughts on the subject at her site (and buy some product if you ar so inclined!)

http://adistantsoil.com/2010/05/05/pirate-website-raided-by-fbi/

Sheesh, that site has a link to his criminal history online...this guy was constantly in and out of jail in the late 80s and early 90s, and he's had four aliases. I now have no reason to think he did this out of any motivation besides arrogance and malice. :(

If only he had used his powers for goodness and niceness instead of evil...

If only he had used his powers for goodness and niceness instead of evil...

I really like talking with comickeys/hammer/roboj33/dupcak and thought the same about that for years--how can comic book collectors read and collect these books depicting superheroes yet still end up being villains themselves? The answer I think is that you can easily admire a hero's powers separately from his acts, and the comic book villains amongst us rarely admire why heros do what they do, they just love and admire the fact that they can do them. They also frequently don't even realize or notice that using powers or skills for selfish gain at the expense of others even makes them villains, although at this point a guy like dupcak certainly knows and just doesn't care, he just prefers being a villain. He takes pride in it and enjoys the rewards.

I think the guy who did that site really didn't believe he MIGHT not be doing anything wrong, but subconsciously, he knew he probably was, or at least that it was a possibility, but his ego wouldn't allow him to admit it.