• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink sticker attached to CGC case! Why?

37 posts in this topic

Don't know if this erks others the way it erks me, but why they started this is beyond me. I understand they want us to know where the book was sold from and I also understand it's a bit of free advertising, but I really don't want that adhesive sticker on the back of CGC cases.

I'm afraid to attempt to remove it because I'm sure the residue that will be left over would look just as bad as the sticker itself.

Has anyone attempted to remove this sticker? Is it easy? Or is it a nightmare?

Chime in your 2c

Mike

I believe they are putting them on all books that go thru auction. I'm not sure if they put them on regular site books or not.

I agree with you totally tho... would hate to have had a multi K purchase and a perfect case show up with that sticker on it.

To add, and with no disrespect to mrschmidt, I'd hate to have to clean off that sticker residue from a "million dollar book". Course if I had a million dollar comic book, I could probably pay someone to clean it off for me :grin:

Yeah I agree the stickers do suck, but if you just take your time peeling it off it comes off pretty good. If there is a little bit of sticky residue left behind just take the back of the sticker you just peeled off and use it to get the residue off. Then you don't even have to mess with goo gone.

Yeah I agree the stickers do suck, but if you just take your time peeling it off it comes off pretty good. If there is a little bit of sticky residue left behind just take the back of the sticker you just peeled off and use it to get the residue off. Then you don't even have to mess with goo gone.

+1 or just use some rubbing alcohol

+1 or just use some rubbing alcohol

lighter fluid will work too...seriously...dab a little onto a tissue, the sticker residue comes right off.

Works very nicely to remove obtrusive subscription labels from magazines too.

Peel it off and use goo-gone to remove the residue. Easy-peasy.

pealing it off is the easy part... GOO-GONE from my experience "etches" the plastic case,discoloring the spot where the sticker was...making it cloudy.the goo-gone must have a re-action with the plastic cgc uses..NOT RECOMMENDED.

Dawn DISH DETERGENT rubbed softly over the sticky glue works it free...then wipe clean with moist towel... 2c

Peel it off and use goo-gone to remove the residue. Easy-peasy.

pealing it off is the easy part... GOO-GONE from my experience "etches" the plastic case,discoloring the spot where the sticker was...making it cloudy.the goo-gone must have a re-action with the plastic cgc uses..NOT RECOMMENDED.

Dawn DISH DETERGENT rubbed softly over the sticky glue works it free...then wipe clean with moist towel... 2c

Just got back from Walmart with goo-gone... getting immediatly back in car to take it right back! :(

I would like to thank clink for NOT putting those dang stickers on my January auction books. Thank you clink.

Consider yourself lucky my friend. That dang sticker is on all three I won this time. The one they put on my Roy Rogers # 1 isn't even placed on straight !

Now not only do I have a "eye catching" black sticker on my cgc case.... I have a "eye catching" CROOKED, black sticker on my cgc case. :frustrated:

Did a little online research and found out that goo-gone and lighter fluid both contain Petroleum Naphtha, which is nasty stuff according to the warnings.

Dawn dishwashing liquid had ETHANOL (Ethyl Alcohol) which would compare with the rubbing alcohol that nocutename uses.

One thing about all these ingredients is they are flammable or combustible.