• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Which comic dealers do you stay away from?

164 posts in this topic

Andy from GAcollectibles is one that I love to use! Always great to talk to and i'd rather give him my business than anyone.

Dealers are very often RUDE RUDE RUDE and that drives me nuts. There's just no reason for it. I don't know how they last so long without social skills.

Andy is a pure nice guy.

Almost forgot Joe Vereneault of JHV Associates. Great dealer to buy from.

Very friendly and always works with me on price and has a nice inventory as well.

kudos to Joey V. (thumbs u

Andy from GAcollectibles is one that I love to use! Always great to talk to and i'd rather give him my business than anyone.

Dealers are very often RUDE RUDE RUDE and that drives me nuts. There's just no reason for it. I don't know how they last so long without social skills.

Pre-Internet + pre-CGC = old school dealers. ;)

Oh and I forgot about my homey from Maryland, Al Stoltz, Basement comics. 15 years ago at a local convention in Maryland, I had a table. I was only 22 years old and I was only selling about 300 comics but they were good comics, many of them rare golden age so Al had a table set up too and came over and looked at my wall of comics and said, "You have some really nice stuff here, you should blow it out at 60% off." So I said, "What are you the wise guy of comics?" I find it ironic that he said I should mark everything 60% off when all he does is sell his stuff for a billion times over guide and then BRAGS about it in his market report in Overstreet. This guy is a piece of work.

I have known and dealt with Al Stolz for years. He has always been ethical and a complete gentleman. Maybe he was joking and you didn't get his sense of humor.

I don't know Al but if he is basement comics, something always nagged me about basement comics ebay auctions when I used to view them. They always had some neat books. I used to watch the auctions several years ago and greenegal56 would bid only on basement auction auctions. Once in a while, greenegal56 would win the auction so I was always surprised that no positive or negative feedback would be left. Heck with zero feedback since 2004, maybe ebay should just close the account.

greenegal56 ( 0 ) 5 years 2 months MD,United States

Prior observation on greenegal56