• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

After 2 years of trying - I have done a Wacky Package for Topps-Image Added

145 posts in this topic

Thanks! I was on a tight schedule when they were gathering gags, so I only had time for one. That was deemed to risky by their legal department, so they asked if I would like to paint this gag by another guy, Mark Parisi.

Topps buys most of the originals, it's in the contract, but 1 out of every 4 or 5 pieces you do they let you keep.

It was for Dial Soap, and mine was Bile Soap - multi-bacterial and had lots of gross little critters floating in the bottle. I have not submitted enough gags to get a feel for what the legal Dept. feels is ok & what is not.

At this point it looks good that I will be able to do more. The editor I have been working with is very excited to have me do more, so we'll see what pops up. There are a LOT of artists trying to get in on sets, so the competition is pretty tough. I will start submitting gags for the next postcard set in a month or so. :wishluck:

Just got word about half of the limited sets are gone already

Half still left....maybe I didn't order enough sets. :insane: