• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

After 2 years of trying - I have done a Wacky Package for Topps-Image Added

145 posts in this topic

Congratulations on the success of the wacky world. Very wonderful to see you make such inroads and even "shall we say it" mainstream. :lol: or at least as mainstream as wacky packages are. I know I've got a bunch from when I was a kid.

I did get a sketch card from Matt in my set. I will scan and post it tonight.

I have to say I am sorely tempted to list my set on eBay. I love it but the $10 set feels just as warm and cozy.

Ah, the decisions we face in this crazy life ouf ours....

Tough call, the postcards are the same except for "Limited Edition" on the back. I think down the road, it will be the artist bio cards that get pricey. They are wacky size, not postcard size so are more appealing to traditionalists, and there are only 250 of each, very low numbers compared to the large group of Wacky collectors. That being said, turning $40 into $180 or more in a week is really tempting.

Tough call, the postcards are the same except for "Limited Edition" on the back. I think down the road, it will be the artist bio cards that get pricey. They are wacky size, not postcard size so are more appealing to traditionalists, and there are only 250 of each, very low numbers compared to the large group of Wacky collectors. That being said, turning $40 into $180 or more in a week is really tempting.

Got my three sets....but alas...no Shiverbones sketch card for me.

Up on Ebay they go.

I wanted to give Matt a quick sellout, and hopefully get one of his.

I just saw this thread. Awesome news, Matthew. I am so happy for you. This is a well deserved accolade for you, and your style is perfect for Wacky Packages. You did a great job and I can't wait to see what else you get to do for future series. Congratulations!

I just saw this thread. Awesome news, Matthew. I am so happy for you. This is a well deserved accolade for you, and your style is perfect for Wacky Packages. You did a great job and I can't wait to see what else you get to do for future series. Congratulations!

thanks effeffbee :)

No sweat. Besides, a cynical person might say that I am only happy because your newfound fame will drive up the value of my Matthew Kirscht original art piece, the Shiverbones version of Action Comics #93. :whee:

:jokealert:

thanks effeffbee :)

Darn eloquent, that's pretty much was I tried/wanted to say!!!

*must work on writing on message boards*

Sketch card is upper right. :)

File0001-2.jpg

lol 50 different sketches were getting tough at that point! Fun to see it again.

Hey, at least you were trying to do something different. Several of the sketch artists did the same exact sketch over and over and over again from what I have seen.

I ordered 3 sets for the express reason of trying to get a Shiverbones, when I didn't see one in any of the packages I was sad.

I was sad until Matt told me to check Ebay for what they are selling for. I broke up the sets and sold postcards and sketchcards separately from the ltd. gaggin strips card and separately from the artist bio cards and I have made back $350 on my initial $120 investment and I still have a ltd card and 2 sets of bio cards left over.

Thanks Matt, you help turn my lemons into sweet sweet lemonade. :banana: