• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did I Miss This Forum Becoming Video Games - General?

49 posts in this topic

I love me some video games, but come on. Here is a picture of a comic book.

utf-8BL01lZGlhIENhcmQvQmxhY2tCZX-4.jpg

Comics are now off-topic in Comics General, Mods notified. :sumo:

I'm not giving anyone the business, just having a little fun with all the VG posts lately. As for my PS3, if it weren't a blu-ray player, it would be a doorstop. :P Web of Shadows can eat my !

Go try Uncharted and Uncharted 2, or even Arkham Asylum, then come talk to me about doorstops. You're not THAT old, Sean, you can handle them. No back-down-forward-x hadoukens or shoryukens in those games, I promise.

My PS3 is pretty much a doorstop, but I just picked up 3 PS3 only exclusives over the past week - MAG, Heavy Rain, & Infamous - & now I can't even play them.

:(

I'm not giving anyone the business, just having a little fun with all the VG posts lately. As for my PS3, if it weren't a blu-ray player, it would be a doorstop. :P Web of Shadows can eat my !

Go try Uncharted and Uncharted 2, or even Arkham Asylum, then come talk to me about doorstops. You're not THAT old, Sean, you can handle them. No back-down-forward-x hadoukens or shoryukens in those games, I promise.

My PS3 is pretty much a doorstop, but I just picked up 3 PS3 only exclusives over the past week - MAG, Heavy Rain, & Infamous - & now I can't even play them.

I mentioned this in the other thread, but I just checked my console and it's working normally again. The problem seems to be sorting itself out.

Just finished Heavy Rain, and I finished Infamous last year; both are awesome.

My 360 gets almost no use, except for Mass Effect 1 and 2.

Should I start a vintage photo thread... hm

ATARI%20-%20PONG.JPG

Trivia question.. what's the last word under S in the dictionary?

syzygy?

Caught you looking at the ad. :grin:

Yes, I did do that. But I didn't go get a dictionary! :acclaim:

I mentioned this in the other thread, but I just checked my console and it's working normally again. The problem seems to be sorting itself out.

Just finished Heavy Rain, and I finished Infamous last year; both are awesome.

My 360 gets almost no use, except for Mass Effect 1 and 2.

I was just reading this update:

http://kotaku.com/5483187/ps3-error-8001050f-the-nightmare-may-be-over

I live on my 360 (when I have the time :( ), all my multiplayer goes down there. Don't even try to play Modern Warfare with us lol Good times.

PS3 just gets used for exclusives.

Having just finished both Uncharted 1 & 2, I would completely agree (thumbs u

Also, I have video game based comics! What the hell do I do now? lol

Is my Captain N the game master #1 a video game collectible or comic collectible?

By the way, I barely have time to catch up on my comics I need to read, let alone get heavily into modern video games. That's why I set up my NES. I get bored in a few minutes.

Thats like 25 years ago, the new stuff is way beyond that.Try World of Warcraft or Call of Duty Modern Warfare, games have come a longway since Contra. ;)

Contra frickin' rules. I could have become a contributing member of society about two years earlier if I hadn't been playing 6 hours of NES a day in college.

And here's my funniest NES college story. I got Ninja Gaiden 2 for Christmas my Soph or Junior year. I was going to spend the weekend with my girlfriend who went to school two hours away. I told my roommates not to mess with the game because I was going to bust it out and beat it before the next weekend, starting Sunday night when i got back. My a-hole roommate started playing the minute I left, including a marathon 21 session all day Saturday into Sunday. I later found out he finished it about an hour before I got back.

He would have gotten away with it if my other roommate, who has spent the same amount of time doing nothing but watching my other roommate beat the game, hadn't blown it. He sat and watched me for about two hours and when i expressed frustration at part of the game, he nonchalantly said "Don't sweat it, it took Frank 4 hours to beat that part."

My favorite video game is the one where you chase this little red haired guy named stumpy and you try to set his hair on fire.

:idea:

Contra frickin' rules. I could have become a contributing member of society about two years earlier if I hadn't been playing 6 hours of NES a day in college.

And here's my funniest NES college story. I got Ninja Gaiden 2 for Christmas my Soph or Junior year. I was going to spend the weekend with my girlfriend who went to school two hours away. I told my roommates not to mess with the game because I was going to bust it out and beat it before the next weekend, starting Sunday night when i got back. My a-hole roommate started playing the minute I left, including a marathon 21 session all day Saturday into Sunday. I later found out he finished it about an hour before I got back.

He would have gotten away with it if my other roommate, who has spent the same amount of time doing nothing but watching my other roommate beat the game, hadn't blown it. He sat and watched me for about two hours and when i expressed frustration at part of the game, he nonchalantly said "Don't sweat it, it took Frank 4 hours to beat that part."

I use to play Contra(loved it) constanly in the early 90`s but believe me the games have evolved since then. (thumbs u

Kinda like from going from watching a 12 inch b&w tv to a hdtv 50 inch plasma.

My favorite video game is the one where you chase this little red haired guy named stumpy and you try to set his hair on fire.

Only Laotian Vancouverites can refer to me as Stumpy without penalty.

doh!

doh!

PS: In the early eighties, that game would have been green-lit for a stand-up game and a home console game. Way better than Burgertime . . .

doh!

PS: In the early eighties, that game would have been green-lit for a stand-up game and a home console game. Way better than Burgertime . . .

...and you work your way up in levels more and more body hair catches fire lighting the way back home.

lol

Miss Pac-Man was a really big improvement over Pac-Man.

There's one in the burger joint that we hit on the way home from the bar on Saturday nite. Good fun!