• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Flea Market Finds

38 posts in this topic

WTF, how come I never see anything REMOTELY resembling this little stash? I've just about given up on flea markets and antique dealers.

+1 ..i just dont have that type of luck at those places..its usually some old drunk guy at the dog track that starts talking about my superman shirt or something,and then says something like "ive got a box of old comics sitting around somewhere at home... call me,you may want them..."

That's it for now. I have about a dozen more books I could post but I'm not sure that I see the point, but I posted a wide range of grades and I just want to see how close I mesh with some other opinions. Thanks everyone for looking.

For the curious I also got the following:

Star Wars 1 30c cover probably VG+

ASM 16 Daredevil crossover, probably worst condition of all the books I got (toss up between it and X-Men 94)

Bone # 1 with signature and sketch from Jeff Smith (5th Printing)

Bone # 2 with signature and sketch from Jeff Smith (4th printing)

Peter Parker, Spectacular Spider-Man 7.0-8.0

ASM 239 same grade as 238

Spider-Man signature from Todd McFarlane

Incredible Hulk 180 with missing value stamp in otherwise comparable condition to 181

ASM 149 easily 8.0

Iron Fist 15 comparable to the # 14

Secret Wars 8 Probably NM-

So, what was your out of pocket? If you don't mind my asking? (shrug)

That's it for now. I have about a dozen more books I could post but I'm not sure that I see the point, but I posted a wide range of grades and I just want to see how close I mesh with some other opinions. Thanks everyone for looking.

For the curious I also got the following:

Star Wars 1 30c cover probably VG+

ASM 16 Daredevil crossover, probably worst condition of all the books I got (toss up between it and X-Men 94)

Bone # 1 with signature and sketch from Jeff Smith (5th Printing)

Bone # 2 with signature and sketch from Jeff Smith (4th printing)

Peter Parker, Spectacular Spider-Man 7.0-8.0

ASM 239 same grade as 238

Spider-Man signature from Todd McFarlane

Incredible Hulk 180 with missing value stamp in otherwise comparable condition to 181

ASM 149 easily 8.0

Iron Fist 15 comparable to the # 14

Secret Wars 8 Probably NM-

So, what was your out of pocket? If you don't mind my asking? (shrug)

PM sent

WTF, how come I never see anything REMOTELY resembling this little stash? I've just about given up on flea markets and antique dealers.

+1 ..i just dont have that type of luck at those places..its usually some old drunk guy at the dog track that starts talking about my superman shirt or something,and then says something like "ive got a box of old comics sitting around somewhere at home... call me,you may want them..."

I got pretty lucky on the find. He had some Garth Ennis Preacher, Neil Gaiman Sandman autographs and some Glenn Danzig autographed Verotik that I'm interested in as well. Obviously they're not sig series CGC, but I believe the signatures to be authentic.

I passed up an Action Comics 252 because it had a huge rip on the cover and I didn't realize it was the 1st Supergirl (I know shoot me! I'm just not that knowledgeable about DC) and I also passed up a Daredevil # 2 because it was one of the first books I saw and I thought the price tag was very very high.

Here's what I'm thinking and let me know if you agree/disagree:

All Star Western 10 VF

Hulk 181 VF

Captain America 117 VF+/NM-

Avengers 57 VG+

ASM 32 VG+/FN-

Iron Fist 14 FN/VF

Marvel Team Up 1 FN/VF

Marvel Spotlight 2 VG/FN

ASM 238 NM

Captain Marvel 1 VG/FN

X-Men 94 GD/VG

ASM 26 GD/VG

All Star Western 10 VF

Hulk 181 VF

Avengers 57 VG+

ASM 32 VG+/FN-

Iron Fist 14 FN/VF

Marvel Team Up 1 FN/VF

Marvel Spotlight 2 VG/FN

ASM 238 NM

Captain Marvel 1 VF/FN

X-Men 94 GD/VG

ASM 26 GD/VG

....divide by 2.....

All Star Western 10 VF

Hulk 181 VF

Avengers 57 VG+

ASM 32 VG+/FN-

Iron Fist 14 FN/VF

Marvel Team Up 1 FN/VF

Marvel Spotlight 2 VG/FN

ASM 238 NM

Captain Marvel 1 VF/FN

X-Men 94 GD/VG

ASM 26 GD/VG

....divide by 2.....

So you're saying I am greatly overgrading then?

All Star Western 10 VF

Hulk 181 VF

Avengers 57 VG+

ASM 32 VG+/FN-

Iron Fist 14 FN/VF

Marvel Team Up 1 FN/VF

Marvel Spotlight 2 VG/FN

ASM 238 NM

Captain Marvel 1 VF/FN

X-Men 94 GD/VG

ASM 26 GD/VG

....divide by 2.....

So you're saying I am greatly overgrading then?

..i think so..but its just an opinion...take the hulk 181 VF as an example. id put it at F+ ... but again its just my opinion at what I would grade it as....avengers 57 VG+.. too much wear.. id have it at g+/vg- ..asm 238 NM.. stains back cover top left edge..id be at VF-/VF

Thanks guys! I've not really graded much in a while and aside from the obvious (Hey look what I found!) I really just wanted to kind of get a bearing on where I was at. I generally only buy books that are brand new or back issues that I like for reading purposes.

7.0-7.5 is kind of where I'm at on the Hulk 181 too to clarify I think of VF as 7.0-7.5 and 8.0-8.5 as VF+

But you guys are being very helpful. :-)

Thanks guys! I've not really graded much in a while and aside from the obvious (Hey look what I found!) I really just wanted to kind of get a bearing on where I was at. I generally only buy books that are brand new or back issues that I like for reading purposes.

7.0-7.5 is kind of where I'm at on the Hulk 181 too to clarify I think of VF as 7.0-7.5 and 8.0-8.5 as VF+

Regardless of the grades, that's a pretty killer flea market find! Congrats! :applause:

Regardless of the grades, that's a pretty killer flea market find! Congrats! :applause:

..i couldnt agree more!!! great score! :applause:

Nah it wasn't ten cents per book but I definitely got a good deal, the more I piled on the better the prices got. The seller was very happy with the transaction and so was I, so I feel like it was a good deal all around.