• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why Marvel's Iron Man #120 is a Underrated/under value

30 posts in this topic

The climb is attributed to speculators riding the hype associated with the upcoming appearance of Justin Hammer and the alcoholism storyline (starts to take shape in the movie as well) more than anything. The same thing with Obadiah Stane. #163 was "hot". Even though his first appearance really is #166 :baiting:

As stated before. Once the hype is over this book will go back down.

You are right. However, Obadiah Stane dies at the end of Iron Man. The Demon in the Bottle Stoyline is Not in Iron Man 2 because Bob who knows the -script thinks Iron Man 3 could use Demon in the Bottle Storyline If Justin Hammer and the alcholism returns in Iron Man 3, then this book hasnt reached it's peak yet....

Rhodey does indeed appear in two panels of #118 - both of which he speaks in.

actually just one panel he speaks discussed here

I totally disagree, and while it is a cool book, it's also the most overrated comic since GL/GA 76.

Plus Jim Rhodes first appearance was IM 118.

Yes, you are right. I mean Jim Rhodes First FULL appearance. By the way, the price on 118 dropped its now 250, a $50 dollar dropped.

So, has the first appearance of Whiplash/Blacklash gone up in price also? (he says as he digs for it in his collection)

Yes, it has gone up in value very much. I'm not sure of the specifics but it has at least doubled in price for most grade ranges.

I don't understand why the first appearance of Whiplash (TOS 97) has gone up because 1) it's not rare at all and 2) it's clear that he's going to turn out to be the Crimson Dynamo.

It was supposed to be the Crimson Dynamo, but apparently Marvel Studios ran out of cash (they only offered Rourke a measly $250K salary for a $200+ million budgeted movie), and decided to make him an amalgam of Whiplash and Crimson Dynamo instead....

Don't ask me what they were thinking, I just live here. doh!

Are you telling me Marvel doesn't know what they're doing?

Ya know, I had to come back and edit this. Most of the movie is CGI anyways. They could have gotten Yakov Smirnoff to play the Dynamo for next to nothing. Or the guy that played Balki.

They only paid Rourke $250k?? That's ridiculous. Source?

Also, I _really_ wish they hadn't replaced Emily Blunt with Scarlett Johannson. The former--a) much hotter; b) better actress.

They only paid Rourke $250k?? That's ridiculous. Source?

Rourke himself - they offered him $250K for the role, he balked and they went looking elsewhere, then came back and bumped it a bit. I can't even imagine how cheap Marvel Studios is - on a $200+ million blockbuster, the Oscar-nominated villain is offered $250K?

From Variety:

Then there is comeback kid Mickey Rourke, who is poised to follow his Golden Globe-winning performance in "The Wrestler" with an offer to play the main villain in "Iron Man 2" — but at a lowball opening offer of $250,000 from Marvel; Marvel's tactics have already prompted Samuel L. Jackson to swear off playing Nick Fury because of a similarly low offer.

Also, I _really_ wish they hadn't replaced Emily Blunt with Scarlett Johannson. The former--a) much hotter; b) better actress.

OMFG, if anyone has a chance of killing Iron Man 2, it's that dead weight ScarJo - just a horrible, tedious actress who is the absolute antithesis of what Black Widow represents - foreign, athletic, slim, hot, intelligent, ruthless, etc.

I can only hope her screen time amounts to be a 2-3 minutes. :wishluck: