• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rare Dan Aykroyd Signature Series Oppurtunity

203 posts in this topic

Well I think that was the initial rule for non SS conventions. Non SS event are probably done on a case by case basis. If you have an event in mind contact CGC and see what you can make happen. They will not do 1 or 2 or probably even 10 item signings but if you can get the numbers high enough and work with them to make it finacially feesable for everyone involved then they might work with you.

OH I almost forgot. Everybody give a big round of applause to Chandler Rice he was a big part of this signing and worked very hard to make sure things went smooth. Chandler is the man.

Thanks Kris and Chandler.

_________________________ :applause:

____________________ :applause:____ :applause:

_________________ :applause:___________ :applause:

____________________ :applause:____ :applause:

__________________________:applause:

+1 :applause:

+2 (worship)

it was my honor guys. It was fun meeting Krazy Kenny and his GF(name remembered but witheld for privacy purposes). Hope you guys have fun last night being your last night in Vegas. And dealing with Dan and his people was a true pleasure. I had made a few phone calls and talked to the right people (both inside and outside of the deal). And by the time I got there. There were hundreds of people in line. Krazy Kenny was 3rd line behind his GF who was 2nd. And after Dan signed for about the first 3 or 4 people, I was then bought straight up to the front of the line in front of Dan. I presented him with a HD t-shirt from a fellow board member. And pulled out 28 books for Dan to sign. They were seperated into the black ink group and then the silver ink group. He signed all 28 books commenting on a few of them and showing a book or two off to his staff helping him. And then made sure all 28 bottles of that GREAT Vodka were signed and reboxed up for me before saying thanks for coming by and "See you on the road" being he and I are fellow HD riders. So here are a few photos curtesy of GF. (thanks a million)

2010-03-09161618.jpg

2010-03-09161945.jpg

2010-03-09162218.jpg

2010-03-09162254.jpg

Chandler Rice

Great pics! Now if you can only arrange a Bill Murray signing hm

Awesome pictures chandler and awesome story. You did good and it sounds like you had a good time

Kris,

You know what I am going through right now and it was a good distraction for me. Thanks for your patience and confidence.

No problem chandler

Kris did you get any pictures with Dan? I would not have been able to resist the opportunity.

Just so everybody knows I did not attend this event. i was the facilitator. I mailed the items to Chandler who was the CAW. He got them signed. I did the paperwork, prepped the books, I will be mailing the books back to customers, and Paying the invoices. These are all things I can do from the comfort of my home. SO there really wasn't a need for me to go to vegas because chandler is perfectly capable of getting comics signed especially when deal is in place for all the items to be signed.

Just so everybody knows I did not attend this event. i was the facilitator. I mailed the items to Chandler who was the CAW. He got them signed. I did the paperwork, prepped the books, I will be mailing the books back to customers, and Paying the invoices. These are all things I can do from the comfort of my home. SO there really wasn't a need for me to go to vegas because chandler is perfectly capable of getting comics signed especially when deal is in place for all the items to be signed.

Aw man, you missed out on meeting Dan? I didn't realize the signing was in Vegas.

That would have been a great excuse to make a trip, but I didn't realize it was that far from you.

Now that I'm back home from Vegas, I wanted to take the time to thank Stronguy for being totally awesome. I found out about this signing last Friday a few hours before my flight out. I immediately hit up the nearby LCSs for a high-grade copy of MTU #74 to get signed, but nobody had one. I pmed Stronguy right before leaving and he overnighted his personal copy to my hotel for just the cost of shipping, and, despite the postal service's best efforts at failure, I got the book in my hands two hours before the signing on Tuesday (worship)

Also, I've posted a WTB since I owe him a replacement.

Now that I'm back home from Vegas, I wanted to take the time to thank Stronguy for being totally awesome. I found out about this signing last Friday a few hours before my flight out. I immediately hit up the nearby LCSs for a high-grade copy of MTU #74 to get signed, but nobody had one. I pmed Stronguy right before leaving and he overnighted his personal copy to my hotel for just the cost of shipping, and, despite the postal service's best efforts at failure, I got the book in my hands two hours before the signing on Tuesday (worship)

Also, I've posted a WTB since I owe him a replacement.

Yeah it stinks having a complete Marvel Bronze Age collection... minus one.

:baiting:

He called me and told me about what happened. (thumbs u

Dang, I didn't think of that one....

52019311922.74.GIF

Very cool! :applause: