• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else haing problems with FantasticRealm?

14 posts in this topic

I paid for a 9.8 Grimm Fairy Tales on Dec 20th from Fantastic Realm on Ebay

Having not received it by 15th Jan, I contacted them to here that their manager had done a runner, taking some stock and not sending out some shipments.

Fair enough I thought, these things can happen.

Contacted them a week later after seeing an identical copy (I don't know the cert numbers so can't be 100%) sold.

I was told they had 2 copies and mine was on it's way.

I've chased them every Friday since and I'm now on to a staggering 3 months since purchase with no book. It's been so long, I can't even get a refund via paypal or provide feedback.

Anyone else had an issue using them in the past?

I checked their feedback when I had the initial problem, 100% ok at the time.

I've just looked again this evening. 2 new negs, both for not receiving books.

Time to demand a refund methinks!

I've purchased from these guys a few times.

The last time, they sent me the wrong order. After about a month of trying to correct the situation, I finally gave up. At least I did get something, and it happened to pretty close to the value of what I initially tried to purchase.

They seem to respond to e-mails, and they grade well and ship promptly. However, once a transaction goes off the rails on their side, they seem to be incapable of recovering.

I wish I could be of more help, or tell you something more positive.

Good luck, and stay on 'em.

I have dealt with Jeff several times and always had positive results. I do know that he is heavily involved in special Convention issues and SS issues which can backlog his schedule but no excuse works when it takes that long. Not much help for your situation unfortunately.

Ed R

I contacted Fantastic Realm again on 4th April stating I have now given up giving them the benefit of the doubt and asked for a refund.

Absolutely no response.

Chased again yesterday. Still no response

Ebay and Paypal can't help either as the sale was over 45 days ago.

I've got to admit that this is the worst customer service I've ever come across.

Lesson learned, if a transaction is getting close to 45 days without the item arriving, regardless of how genuine the sellers excuse is, make sure you file a dispute in time!

I contacted Fantastic Realm again on 4th April stating I have now given up giving them the benefit of the doubt and asked for a refund.

Absolutely no response.

Chased again yesterday. Still no response

Ebay and Paypal can't help either as the sale was over 45 days ago.

I've got to admit that this is the worst customer service I've ever come across.

Lesson learned, if a transaction is getting close to 45 days without the item arriving, regardless of how genuine the sellers excuse is, make sure you file a dispute in time!

without a doubt..do not let 45 days get by ,no matter who the seller is.at that point,its in the system,and paypal automatically freezes the associated funds in their account.i guarantee that would have gotten a response.

Buy 10 cheap items then give them a neg on all of them.
^^

Hmmmmm??????

Such deviousness impresses me.

Surely they could then get the negs cancelled as they are not directly related to the sale in question

Just ask the folks on the boards, it is never easy to get a negative removed. Just post they packed poorly and everything was trashed. It's not like anyone is going to waste sympathy on someone who can't ship a book in three months.

I have a Smallville Magazine subsciption through them.

So far i have received both covers to all them with no problems.

Although the final issue i paid for Jan.26 and havent seen it yet :wishluck:

Edit* - Sorry my mistake, my subscrition is with Fantasy-Realm doh!