• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Incredible Hulk #181 CGC 9.6 Sold!

31 posts in this topic

If this book looks familiar it belonged to Andre and he sold it to me. I just want to put that out there so everyone knows.

It is a beauty and I love it but as happens with a lot of us on here there is just other books I would like to get. Queue the violins right. lol

Truth be told I just got back into collecting comics after a 15 year break and I pretty much went nuts with buying everything. I had no idea of what a "focus" was, and my comic knowledge was pretty much 0. I just saw a book and was like "wow that's cool" :takeit: . Well I found out that is not the best approach for a guy like me. I don't collect Hulk or Wolverine, but thought I needed this book.

Now I do have a "focus" on what I really would like to collect and this book in this high grade does not fit my focus. I will be sad to see it go, but I know someone else out there can appreciate it more than me.

I had planned on listing this on eBay for $5000 with best offer option and try my luck there. First of all to not be ashamed or embarrassed for reselling this book on here after just buying it from Andre, but I don't have anything to hide. I didn't ask for a discount or say it's my "grail" so I don't feel bad about letting it go. I just have decided that there are many other books out there that I would love to own besides this one in super high grade.

Anyways I have learned so much here and appreciate all of the knowledge that you guys have passed along, and I am grateful for that. There are a lot of great people on here.

Feel free to PM me with any resonable offers etc., but I am going to list this at $4600 shipped. I am open to time payments, but would really like to have it sold before April 15th, so I can go to C2E2. If you are going to C2E2, I could hand deliver this. I would also be willing to do a cash/trade deal for any of the books in my WTB thread.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3776891#Post3776891 The most expensive being Superman #75 Platinum 9.8. I would also do a cash/trade deal for a nice CGC TMNT #1 first print.

Payments accepted: MO or Cashiers check. I have done so many deals on here in the short time I have been on here that I hope my kudos speaks for itself. :)

Thanks for looking. :)

sc0125fa81-1.jpg

UNCOMMONLY good centering on this copy, perhaps even PERFECT centering, that's rare. (thumbs u Nice copy, I'd jump on it if I wasn't saving for other big buys!

For what it's worth, this is one of the nicest 9.6 you will see. It was in my collection before selling it. The red pops. Other than 2 small ticks on the spine this book is perfect. I had a 9.8 and this copy was much nicer. My 9.8 had no spine ticks but was a little off center and the red was no where as bright.

It's a great book. Good luck Bryan