• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink has been SUPAHOT as of late

16 posts in this topic

If they'd get real on the price it would be different.

No doubt it would be the centerpiece of my collection.

But $10,000?

Give me a friggin break!

I can't even dream about something like that.

sorry.gif

It's a sketch, a preliminary rough. $500

I'd still have to think about it.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gifpopcorn.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah. I'd probably do it for 5 bills.

But that would be my top dollar for a preliminary sketch.

sumo.gif

Just another example of the ridiculous comic art pricing ;P

I actually thought about offering 2-3k for it, but I realized I'd be overpaying for it. I think that was the idea. Put the price really high so that people give an offer above what it would really be worth.

I'd probably be willing to pay 10k for the original cover art though.. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Brian

Now I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but does it not bother people that there is no way of verified tracking or identification on the ComicLink sales? EBay sales may be somewhat anonymous, but we all know how to separate the BSD bids from the Zero Shills.

I mean, if you really wanted to manipulate the market and get mainstream attention, ComicLink would be the place it would be done.

Very nice piece indeed, but where do they pluck these prices from? confused-smiley-013.gif

As JC stated there are no data sets to track CL prices and they often seem way out there. And are the really big sales even for real? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Very nice piece indeed, but where do they pluck these prices from? confused-smiley-013.gif

As JC stated there are no data sets to track CL prices and they often seem way out there. And are the really big sales even for real? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I don't even think it's that nice. It's clear that this was *going to be* a very nice piece, but in its extremely preliminary form, what is there really to look at? confused-smiley-013.gif

For $10K, you could get so much more...a good number of Modern covers or a few Bronze covers or a boatload of interior pages or an extremely nice painting...or heck, mix and match! A nice painting and a couple of covers. Make 'em non-Ploog Ghost Riders if you like...with $10K, you can afford it! Plus, any of these fully-finished pieces would look orders of magnitude more impressive on your wall than this barely-formed sketch which looks like it could have been done in no time flat.

Gene

the idea of the piece is that it might be the FIRST EVER drawing of the character....sore of lik ethat Simon sketch of Captain America that surfaced years ago. But even still, any comparison between the two is silly... Personally I think this is just the rough for the cover, no more, and any hint otherwise is misleading. Weren't the covers drawn AFTER the stories back then???

Now I'm not accusing anyone of anything, but does it not bother people that there is no way of verified tracking or identification on the ComicLink sales? EBay sales may be somewhat anonymous, but we all know how to separate the BSD bids from the Zero Shills.

I ignore the bids entirely...I've seen far too many bids that were 90% or more of the asking price which popped up within minutes of the item being listed to trust that people aren't shilling those bids like madmen to make it look like their item is in high demand. I saw one item go without a bid on E-Bay for $375, and within an hour of the e-bay auction's ending, it was up on ComicLink for $450 with a $375 bid. There's just NO WAY that wasn't a shill. 893naughty-thumb.gif

I ignore the bids entirely...I've seen far too many bids that were 90% or more of the asking price which popped up within minutes of the item being listed to trust that people aren't shilling those bids like madmen to make it look like their item is in high demand. I saw one item go without a bid on E-Bay for $375, and within an hour of the e-bay auction's ending, it was up on ComicLink for $450 with a $375 bid. There's just NO WAY that wasn't a shill.

Obviously, there is always a potential for a shill. But, I made bids on lots of items that I thought were reasonable but was rejected.

What I can say is that ComicLink does not remove bids. In other words, I've bid on books 3 months ago, and my bid is still shown. So if a book WAS HOT, people really did bid, but the seller didn't sell, the bids would still be shown (even though the book has cooled and the bidders wouldn't want the book anymore).

Lastly, there are probably several heavy hitting collector's that won't just buy from anyone on eBay. ComicLink, just like major dealers, have a reputation so would I pay a few dollars more for the same book from them than an unknown eBay seller? Yes I would.

What I can say is that ComicLink does not remove bids. In other words, I've bid on books 3 months ago, and my bid is still shown. So if a book WAS HOT, people really did bid, but the seller didn't sell, the bids would still be shown (even though the book has cooled and the bidders wouldn't want the book anymore).

I've bid on a lot of stuff so I don't think they're ALL shills, just some of them. I've bid on books and seen the bid go away after a few days...could it be that sellers can remove them somehow? confused-smiley-013.gif