• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Us Your silver age "hard to find in high grade" books!

1,000 posts in this topic

And finally.. apparently a Salida, but it doesn't have the identifying marks. Either way, sweet as sugar, and gorgeous pages.

ssws46.jpg

I own a coded Salida copy of this issue so while it's possible that there's a duplicate I'm not sure it's likely. Great copy, btw!

Not many Marvels belong in this thread, but a few might. I submit that this issue is one of them, as in the decade since CGC started, only two copies have publicly changed hands in 9.2 and none higher:

ff13.jpg

Not many Marvels belong in this thread, but a few might. I submit that this issue is one of them, as in the decade since CGC started, only two copies have publicly changed hands in 9.2 and none higher:

ff13.jpg

That's a great one!

As I'm sure has already been said, most 10c DC books are tough in high grade, but some issues can br tougher still. Any book with a rich background color will be harder to find in top condition.

The black background makes this one of the toughest Superboys...

Superboy_77_9-2.jpg

Staying with Superboy ( as I have Photobucket opened on the run) #80 caused me problems for years. I finally found one and then the Toth copy came up - which is a beauty. If I had not bought it I suspect by now it would have been manipulated into a higher grade, as many Toth 9.0 issues have had done to them...

Superboy_80_9-0.jpg