• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show us your OFF-WHITE TO WHITE and WHITE Pagers!

561 posts in this topic

The way comic books are stored for decades can determine its’ preservation. Comics stored in a cool, dry location may have bold, newsstand-fresh colors, off-white to white and white pages. Some of us are either picky or just darn lucky when it comes to comic collecting. Page quality is important to some and not quite as important to others, so if you have any CGC graded comics with the designation OFF-WHITE TO WHITE and WHITE pages, show them off here. I’ll start out with “My first love” quote from the white pager king himself, Brannon. Currently this is the only Showcase 22 6.0+ graded by CGC with the designation white pages.

DC-260-75B0C21198.jpg

Gorgeous book, R. Thanks for sharing.

I've always adored books with ultra nice pages. Even back in the days when nice PQ demanded multiples of guide. With slabs, it's hard to tell what you're buying from the inside out. Before slabs, you could enjoy the PQ and that's why books with nicer PQ were priced higher. I recently purchased an AF15 7.5 w/ W PQ in Feb about 22% cheaper than a comparable 7.5 with OW PQ sold a couple of months earlier. Although prices have somewhat dropped on AF15s, I would have thought the book would have been bid up some more because of the PQ (don't get me wrong...I'm glad it did NOT). Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I bust my slabs open (and I busted open my AF15 7.5 but just had it reslabbed..came back the SAME grade and PQ..WHEW!!) to enjoy the freshness and suppleness. The thing that amazes me on this 7.5 is the state of preservation (as Rich mentions above). Very little transfer stain exists on this book's cover (both inside and out).

Overall, Marvels can be located but SA DCs are ULTRA HTF with nice PQ. GA DCs...well, that's another story.

Here's a scan from Part 2 of my grail. I love the enormous Ditko-inked Spidey over the yellow circle with webbed underarms. An iconic pose !! Looks much better on nice paper, doesn't it?

Here's to Steve Ditko !! (thumbs u

94451.jpg.c593d24638fd73968262621d224a9b0b.jpg

Gorgeous book, R. Thanks for sharing.

I've always adored books with ultra nice pages. Even back in the days when nice PQ demanded multiples of guide. With slabs, it's hard to tell what you're buying from the inside out. Before slabs, you could enjoy the PQ and that's why books with nicer PQ were priced higher. I recently purchased an AF15 7.5 w/ W PQ in Feb about 22% cheaper than a comparable 7.5 with OW PQ sold a couple of months earlier. Although prices have somewhat dropped on AF15s, I would have thought the book would have been bid up some more because of the PQ (don't get me wrong...I'm glad it did NOT). Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I bust my slabs open (and I busted open my AF15 7.5 but just had it reslabbed..came back the SAME grade and PQ..WHEW!!) to enjoy the freshness and suppleness. The thing that amazes me on this 7.5 is the state of preservation (as Rich mentions above). Very little transfer stain exists on this book's cover (both inside and out).

Overall, Marvels can be located but SA DCs are ULTRA HTF with nice PQ. GA DCs...well, that's another story.

Here's a scan from Part 2 of my grail. I love the enormous Ditko-inked Spidey over the yellow circle with webbed underarms. An iconic pose !! Looks much better on nice paper, doesn't it?

Here's to Steve Ditko !! (thumbs u

Nice! The smell of fresh paper. The inner cover of your AF15 is absolutely fresh. Would love to see more scans.

Nice books, guys, but you might have wanted to limit it to keys or just early SA DCs. White page Marvels are a dime a dozen. (thumbs u

I agree. Marvel are easier to locate in white pages than DC. This thread is for Silver Age comics...even OFF-WHITE TO WHITE pagers, so this will give many people the opportunity to post.

Nice books, guys, but you might have wanted to limit it to keys or just early SA DCs. White page Marvels are a dime a dozen. (thumbs u

Marvel vs. DC...or W vs. OW/W...your point is well taken... :slapfight:

94455.jpg.5023e0481fdf4edfa398c8f19169060e.jpg

94456.jpg.e99bddfd9b36e73ac0bd86dcc8c11c60.jpg

I've got an idea guys to flavor up this thread...

Everyone go aside, bust open yer slabs, scan the PQ, and post them.

Once you reslab, send GAtor (Rick) the bill... :roflmao:

Marvel vs. DC...or W vs. OW/W...your point is well taken... :slapfight:

94455.jpg

94456.jpg

Where's the covers? (shrug)

I've got an idea guys to flavor up this thread...

Everyone go aside, bust open yer slabs, scan the PQ, and post them.

Once you reslab, send GAtor (Rick) the bill... :roflmao:

You're the White Pager King and you have the great courage to crack them open. (worship)