• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Now thats some shipping charges

62 posts in this topic

His listing does say he charges shipping with a small handling fee and a few different shipping options. I would have to hope he adjusts the amount to closer reflect the actual costs. With that statement, if he did not adjust the price, I would not feel the buyer was obligated to follow through.

I have purchased from him in the past and was not charged an unreasonable amount. However, I also see that despite 100% feedback rating, people do seem a bit less happy about the costs.

This is a shame, as I definitely consider him a quality seller with a good rep. I've ordered from him before, and the shipping charges were not unreasonable.

Not that I'm trying to justify high shipping costs, just playing devil's advocate here but how many of us don't blink an eye when ordering products through the mail and having to pay "handling" fees on top of the actual shipping costs?

Why is it we jump all over comic sellers who charge these fees?

Not that I'm trying to justify high shipping costs, just playing devil's advocate here but how many of us don't blink an eye when ordering products through the mail and having to pay "handling" fees on top of the actual shipping costs?

Why is it we jump all over comic sellers who charge these fees?

If I had to pay a $30 handling charge on a $40 item from anywhere, I would feel ripped off.

I understand places liker Heritage that factor in some packaging costs and a little extra and do an excellent job of packaging and shipping promptly charging a bit extra, but it should not become a profit center.

His listing does say he charges shipping with a small handling fee and a few different shipping options. I would have to hope he adjusts the amount to closer reflect the actual costs.

this is basically how he responded to a question posted in an auction i was going to bid on. there's no way this guy is going to ruin his rep by being a shipping profiteer. no way.

That guy is crazy. If there was a blocked sellers list he'd be on mine so I don't mistakenly bid on his stuff

Good for you. Perhaps try buying from the man first before spouting off. BEST seller on Ebay bar none and I wish he did conventions. His actual shipping charges aren't what is stated and the amount you will pay for shipping will be very close to what he will actually pay the post office. But I think you all should avoid his auctions, maybe I'll get some deals. :devil:

hmm, let's see which does not belong

jerry weist:

1)discovered the white mountain collection

2)instrumental in getting Sotheby's to hold the first comic book auction

3)published the first price guide for comic book art

4)ripping people off on shipping

the shoot first, ask questions later mentality on here is tiresome

jerry weist:

:applause:

Tiresome is an understatement. Jerry is not out to try to rip people off for a few bucks. Quite the opposite in fact.

Let me say that I contacted Jerry about this first, and thought that he would have corrected it by now...he didn't, so I guess its fair game for conversation and fun. He did respond, which is nice, and said that those charges were wrong and if I lived in Calif. or on the east coast, the shipping should only be $12 - $14 :o

Only $12 - $14 !!!?? :o That was the end of me considering bidding....unless I win the auction for $12 -$14 less than I would have bid ;)

So he posts outrageous shipping charges and we are suppose to just trust he lower them back to reality?

I don't care if his name is Jesus not Jerry I would not bid from him

He is all yours. :sumo:

I do have his book on Ray Bradbury that I picked up at a store locally and it's great

His shipping charges are high on all of his listings. Some are over $36.00. He's got some really nice stuff for sale but with shipping like that, I would have to move on.

DRX

jerry weist:

:applause:

Tiresome is an understatement. Jerry is not out to try to rip people off for a few bucks. Quite the opposite in fact.

One of you guys that are his bud should tell him that........

he is losing business

I have to agree. I know Jerry is a quality seller, but optics are everything when it comes to ebay auctions. He is needlessly scaring off some buyers out there.

Shipping markups are just one of those things that really rub me the wrong way (shrug) and I'm sure many others feel the same way.