• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would appreciate some grades on this FF3

26 posts in this topic

I'm having a tough time grading this book. Right side is very clean. Top edge has some visible problems and the spine has damage. Back cover is very tanned and front cover colours are dull and browny. Book is very flat and very unlikely to be pressed as I picked it up 20 years ago locally.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dave

ff03.jpg

ff3bc.jpg

I'm thinking a 4.0. Looks like some small staining to the front cover by the guy in the green suit on the tallest building and at the bottom right.

It presents very nice though and I could well be wrong.

I'm thinking a 4.0. Looks like some small staining to the front cover by the guy in the green suit on the tallest building and at the bottom right.

No stains. I think you see the browning of the cover. It is quite tanned.

No stains. I think you see the browning of the cover. It is quite tanned.

Given that I'd say a solid 4.5, possible 5.0.

I was leaning more toward 5.0/5.5, provided the book isn't brittle.

Book isn't brittle. The book is more tanned on the back cover than the scan shows. I was thinking 5.0-5.5 but wasn't sure how much to deduct for the tanning. Traded a Batman 17, Wonder Comics 11 and 13 to Harley for it about 17 years ago and I remember being disappointed because of the tanning. Appreciate all the help guys.

The book presents very well in a scan. (Much nicer than my copy!)

The debate is really about how much to deduct for tanning.

If the pages were OW or better, it would be around a 7.0.

According to OS, moderate discoloration is allowed all the way up to 6.0

I'm sticking with my 5.0-5.5 I have CGC 8.5 Marvels that have tanning like that on the back cover. Tanning doesnt really affect grade nearly as much once your in the mid grades and lower..... :sumo:

If I were selling it, I'd call it a 4.5 due to the tanning, but CGC might give it a 5.0...they don't hit tanning quite so hard. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u