• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Since so many people have inquired about Leaf Casting

52 posts in this topic

Leaf casting has been around for manyyyyyy years tc33, first time ive seen it introduced to comic books through.

The first example I saw was around 1990ish (maybe a year or two earlier) at Million Year Picnic in Cambridge, MA. It was an EC horror comic where the interior pages had some leaf casted areas that were not retouched. The texture was a little coarser than the original pages and there was an odd gray tint to them. But I was impressed with how seamless the fills were.

Yes, Leafcasting is not new, and it's not "technology" driven, either.

The results are directly related to the skill and experience of the conservator.

DSC00093.jpg

I'd almost choose leave the Action cover as it is, with the "raw" leaf-casting un-color touched.

They're beautiful. Certainly superior compared to the original tattered halves.

From now on, I will refer to Kenny as Zeus or Odin.

It's like seeing Guttenberg in action :D (not Steve :gossip: )

I thought this thread was about leaf casting. Why do you want to know about plastic injection molding?

I am probably going to regret posting this somewhat top secret stuff.

But for those who want to see the process in action, here is a photo of me at my leaf casting station.

474abb6c.jpg