• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How difficult is it to find The first ALIENS VS PREDATOR in high grade?

54 posts in this topic

I could go through them and check and/or scan, if you would like. Haven't looked at them for a long time.

Send me a PM when you have gone through them. I'd love to have a shot at one of each.

hmmm...Gonna have to look into this further. The indicia states #1, V2, Aug 1989. That makes me think there is an earlier one. Going to do some research now.

Are we also talking about this issue? I'm sorry but I don't know much about modern books.

predator1afront.jpg

predator1aback.jpg

hmmm...Gonna have to look into this further. The indicia states #1, V2, Aug 1989. That makes me think there is an earlier one. Going to do some research now.

Are we also talking about this issue? I'm sorry but I don't know much about modern books.

predator1afront.jpg

predator1aback.jpg

:headbang: I do believe that's the first Predator.

Okay. Apparently I do not have the first Aliens #1. If my research is correct, it actually came out in 1988 and has "Aliens, Book One" in large letters, on the cover. I have the one pictured, plus Aliens Genocide #1, Aleins Hives #1 and Aliens Earth War #1. And a whole LOT of Aleins vs Predator #1's.

Sorry I was wrong.

Here is a link to the one you must be looking for.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_(comic_book)

Be careful, as I found out the hard way there is a second print of The Predator #1.

Look inside to confirm whether or not it is a second print or not.

That's how I found out there were multiple printings of From Hell. My sweet Eddie Campbell SS book was not quite as sweet when it came back "5th printing." :flamed:

Hey. it wasn't a total loss. While looking for the Aliens, Book One #1, I found a few books I didn't know I had. Flaming Carrot #1 and about 20 copies of Marvel Comics Presents #72 (Weapon X).

^^

The indicia for the 1st series should be either 1988 or 1989. If it is 1990 then that is the second mini #1.

An easier way to check is just to look at the cover - the first Aliens mini-series was 6 issues, the 2nd just 4. So if it says "1 of 6" on the cover, it's from the first series.

We are talking about this issue. Right? If we are not, I probably have whatever we are talking about.

aliens1afront.jpg

aliens1aback.jpg

That's #1 of the second mini-series. That was a good series as well with some really great airbrushed artwork.

The first series was B&W interiors. Standard pencil/ink.

Dark Horse comics from 1986-1990... :cloud9:

Impossible 9.8s. Impossible.

The Aliens first mini? #1-4, impossible. I wish I'd known about that $25 sale. Can't know 'em all.

Dark Horse Presents? I defy anyone to put together a 9.8 run of all 157 issues.

It can't be done.

The Aliens first mini? #1-4, impossible. I wish I'd known about that $25 sale. Can't know 'em all.

It can't be done.

I am working on it. I am honestly thinking about trying to do 1-51 or so. When I get some of my Chadwick's back this summer. If some of them end up 9.6s, I will agree with you and accept the hated 9.6 as part of the quest.

It can't be done.

I am working on it. I am honestly thinking about trying to do 1-51 or so. When I get some of my Chadwick's back this summer. If some of them end up 9.6s, I will agree with you and accept the hated 9.6 as part of the quest.

A solid 9.6 versus a weak 9.8 - I'll take them every time. :cloud9:

My Hellboy DHP appearances came back a few weeks ago and both sets (88-91) were 9.8s. But honestly, it took having multiple copies of each issue to figure out the gems. Quite a few printing defects with the copies I didn't submit, including spine breaks where the paper had a piece snapped out cleanly during the stapling process. A real shame!

It can't be done.

A solid 9.6 versus a weak 9.8 - I'll take them every time. :cloud9:

My Hellboy DHP appearances came back a few weeks ago and both sets (88-91) were 9.8s. But honestly, it took having multiple copies of each issue to figure out the gems. Quite a few printing defects with the copies I didn't submit, including spine breaks where the paper had a piece snapped out cleanly during the stapling process. A real shame!

I know exactly what you are talking about, Nick! I had another DHP for Doug Mahnke to sign and when Jespersen was putting it in a window bag, he noticed the piece popped out, which I missed. Of course he called me and was like "Dude, do you want this book subbed with the big chunk popped out of it.?" :cry: