• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dale Roberts Comics @ Megacon booth 219! New Collection.

24 posts in this topic

Hi guys. Just picked up about 10 boxes of mostly high grade late Bronze/Copper/Moderns on Monday. Big runs of books with titles including Spidey, Avengers, Cap, Conan, DDs, Dr Strange, FFs, Ghost Riders, GI Joe, Hellblazer, Hulk, Iron Man, Legion of Super-Heroes, Nova, Spectacular Spidey, Superboy, Superman, Thor, Weird War, Wolverine, X-Men, and a bunch of other titles that I am forgetting. I have pulled next to nothing out of this collection and there are some really beautiful late Bronze/Coppers which are worthy of grading. I would guess there would be lots of 9.8s. Everything from this collection is going to start out at $2.00, and at some point, when I feel like a sufficient number of good books have been pulled, everything will be dropped down to $1.00 for the remainder of the convention.

If you like stuff from that time, and want to find some good stuff to get graded on site, you should probably hit it early. I should be setup by around 3 or 4 on Thursday. If you just want to get a bunch of great stuff to read, probably should wait til later on Friday or Saturday.

I also have added 5 boxes of GA books over the winter(14 total now), so please stop by and check that stuff out as well. And of course, I have been picking up some high grade Silver here and there and I have 8 boxes of slabs that have never seen a convention floor before. And prices mostly right in line with GPA averages.

hey, does anyone know if the con is in the same hall as last year?

It is in the same hall as last year.

The West Hall is the old hall, not the new one. The West Hall sits between the Rosen Plaza and the Rosen Centre Hotels

hey, does anyone know if the con is in the same hall as last year?

It is in the same hall as last year.

The West Hall is the old hall, not the new one. The West Hall sits between the Rosen Plaza and the Rosen Centre Hotels

(thumbs u

Hi guys. Just picked up about 10 boxes of mostly high grade late Bronze/Copper/Moderns on Monday. Big runs of books with titles including Spidey, Avengers, Cap, Conan, DDs, Dr Strange, FFs, Ghost Riders, GI Joe, Hellblazer, Hulk, Iron Man, Legion of Super-Heroes, Nova, Spectacular Spidey, Superboy, Superman, Thor, Weird War, Wolverine, X-Men, and a bunch of other titles that I am forgetting. I have pulled next to nothing out of this collection and there are some really beautiful late Bronze/Coppers which are worthy of grading. I would guess there would be lots of 9.8s. Everything from this collection is going to start out at $2.00, and at some point, when I feel like a sufficient number of good books have been pulled, everything will be dropped down to $1.00 for the remainder of the convention.

If you like stuff from that time, and want to find some good stuff to get graded on site, you should probably hit it early. I should be setup by around 3 or 4 on Thursday. If you just want to get a bunch of great stuff to read, probably should wait til later on Friday or Saturday.

I also have added 5 boxes of GA books over the winter(14 total now), so please stop by and check that stuff out as well. And of course, I have been picking up some high grade Silver here and there and I have 8 boxes of slabs that have never seen a convention floor before. And prices mostly right in line with GPA averages.

Sweet, I'll be sure to hit your booth by Thursday afternoon. :applause:

And you will be too late. :gossip:

You got that right.

I guess I'll just have to eat some beans and whey curd that morning so I can do my best Gator imitation and establish an aura of foulness around those books. :sumo:

Doesn't matter. I have an in. In fact I have in's all over the place. There is nowhere you can go George that one of my in's will not have been there before you. Some of my in's are so in that I can get books that are still out. That's how in I am this year.

You got that right.

I guess I'll just have to eat some beans and whey curd that morning so I can do my best Gator imitation and establish an aura of foulness around those books. :sumo:

Doesn't matter. I have an in. In fact I have in's all over the place. There is nowhere you can go George that one of my in's will not have been there before you. Some of my in's are so in that I can get books that are still out. That's how in I am this year.

All Hail Joey, the Great Illuminatti. (worship)

You got that right.

I still need to take 4-5 hot showers a day to scrub off the "favors" I had to do to get my in's. Hopefully it was a price well paid.

You got that right.

I still need to take 4-5 mouthwash rinses a day to get rid of the taste of the "favors" I had to do to get my in's. Hopefully it was a price well paid.

Fixed that for you. :whistle: