• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tracking down Colan Howard the Duck art

6 posts in this topic

I've recently been bitten by the OA bug. I won a couple of pages about a year ago in a Heritage auction. Both are Colan/Leialoha "Howard the Duck" pages, and both are from issue #9.

Since then, I've found and bought 2 more pages from the same issue.

I'd love to track down more pages from this issue. I checked the history on CAF and saw that the splash page sold on Ebay in 2006. (Keep in mind I'm looking for issue #9 of the original comic, not the later B&W magazine. There seem to be lots of pages from issue #9 of the magazine floating around.)

Can anyone give me any tips or sources? Other than checking CAF, Ebay, Heritage and CLink (all of which I do regularly) and networking here (which I'm hopefully starting to do now with this post) what would you recommend?

Where should I look? Who should I talk to?

If you know of anyone with Colan HTD - especially issue #9 - please let me know.

Cheers,

Andrew

:bump:

Thanks to my first post in this thread, I connected with a few highly knowledgeable Colan OA collectors – who also just happened to have pages from Howard the Duck #9 in their collections. But alas, I couldn't prise those pages from their clutches.

And so here I am again, asking everyone to keep a look out for Colan Howard the Duck OA. I'm most interested in issue #9, but please let me know if you spot any of the Colan work on HTD - the comic, the daily strip, the magazine or commissions.

Heck, for that matter, let me know about any Colan OA period!

TIA

Andrew

:bump:

Thanks to my first post in this thread, I connected with a few highly knowledgeable Colan OA collectors – who also just happened to have pages from Howard the Duck #9 in their collections. But alas, I couldn't prise those pages from their clutches.

And so here I am again, asking everyone to keep a look out for Colan Howard the Duck OA. I'm most interested in issue #9, but please let me know if you spot any of the Colan work on HTD - the comic, the daily strip, the magazine or commissions.

Heck, for that matter, let me know about any Colan OA period!

TIA

Andrew

Howard is a grossly underrated character and should top the list for rebooting.

Though now that he's owned by Disney I'm not sure they wouldn't consider him competition for Donald.

I will pass along any info I get on 9 if you lemme know if you hear of any esp. good pages or covers from 1-22 (esp. 1-8, 20-22)

It's been three months since I posted this, so it's about time I gave it a :bump:

I was introduced to some great people (and Gene Colan / Howard the Duck aficianados) thanks to my original post... and I even discovered the whereabouts of 3 more pages from issue #9... but it didn't get my any closer to my goal. (Those 3 pages are not for sale. No way, no how.)

Can anyone else help me out?

Andrew