• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ranking the Dealers

238 posts in this topic

I'm looking for straight-shooters who display ethics in all that they do. I'm looking for tight-as-arseholes grading. I'm looking for good inventory at realistic prices. With that in mind, here's a top ten...

Bob Storms

Doug Sulipa

Richard Evans

Motor City

Qualitycomix

Jamie Newbold

Andy Coleman

Jef Hinds

Jim Payette

Joe Verenault

Just my 2c obviously.

But you know I'm right... :whistle:

I would really disagree with the Pedigree Comics even making the top 100. Sure he gets great books on his site, but prices are crazy and you definitely can't trust him given his past record (scamming his client out of their money, trying and succeeding getting a trimmed Ewert book back through CGC- wonder how many he got through that weren't caught, and his recent admission to at a minimum not submitting data correctly to GPA plus the "odd" sells on his site), nope, I would put him marginally above Danny D.

You forgot Harley. :roflmao:

Hardest working man in comics and all that, but might want to consider being in the same room as the books when he grades them. doh!

^^

I would really disagree with the Pedigree Comics even making the top 100. Sure he gets great books on his site, but prices are crazy and you definitely can't trust him given his past record (scamming his client out of their money, trying and succeeding getting a trimmed Ewert book back through CGC- wonder how many he got through that weren't caught, and his recent admission to at a minimum not submitting data correctly to GPA plus the "odd" sells on his site), nope, I would put him marginally above Danny D.

...is the right answer. :applause:

I'm looking for straight-shooters who display ethics in all that they do. I'm looking for tight-as-arseholes grading. I'm looking for good inventory at realistic prices.
I absolutely agree, Nick. +1 (thumbs u

Don't forget shill bidding his own auctions - a practice he dismissed as repeated re-consignments. (tsk)

Even Mile High, which has no business being on the list, hasn't ever pulled any stunts like this.

SO far ive only bought from Richard (bedrockcity) and Bob(highgradecomics) and needless to say i dont need to go looking anywhere else dealer wise...

Between those two, you really don't need to look anywhere else. Both are top-notch, A+ guys.

I didn't mention Richard (bedrockcity) in my previous post, but I should have. My experiences with him have been more on a collector/comic geek to collector/comic geek level as opposed to a dealer to customer level.

agree...would flat out call the guy a friend... never give off that dealer customer vibe (thumbs u

What about Ted from Superworld?

I met up with him in Boston last year and after many (very pleasant) talks he brought a wack of ASM's that I needed to the show and we worked out some really good prices on the lot.

Looking forward to seeing him in Toronto at the end of the month as he is a great guy with a deep inventory.

Thumbs up to Comiclink for me. No problems in paying and shipping on my 4 seperate multiple auction wins. Very open communications and they are okay if you need an extra week or two to pay as long as you stay in touch. Also, they offer GREAT BOMB PROOF shipping procedures to Canada and prices that CGC could learn from.

I agree that Andy Colman deserves to be on the list of best dealers. But I can't abide by those of you who insist on misspelling his last name. :insane:

Seriously though, Andy is a great dude, honest, a solid grader, and has a pretty broad inventory.

I met up with him in Boston last year and after many (very pleasant) talks he brought a wack of ASM's that I needed to the show and we worked out some really good prices on the lot.

Looking forward to seeing him in Toronto at the end of the month as he is a great guy with a deep inventory.

Thumbs up to Comiclink for me. No problems in paying and shipping on my 4 seperate multiple auction wins. Very open communications and they are okay if you need an extra week or two to pay as long as you stay in touch. Also, they offer GREAT BOMB PROOF shipping procedures to Canada and prices that CGC could learn from.

Ted should make the list. I've been really hard on Ted on this board over the years because of his loose grading. But I have to give him credit where credit is due. I recently gave him another shot based on a recomendation from a buddy who said he had cleaned up his act regarding grading. He really has judging from the last dozen or so books I bought from him. If he keeps grading well, I'll keep buying. He's always had a rep as being a great guy, hopefully he can add great grader to that too.

I got a good deal from him also on a Daredevil #16 - 9.0 slab. He was easy to deal with.

DRX

You forgot Harley. :roflmao:

Hardest working man in comics and all that, but might want to consider being in the same room as the books when he grades them. doh!

:roflmao: Hilarious... but unfortunately spot on (thumbs u

The nice thing about Harley though is that if you talk to him politely about why you think a book should be graded differently, he'll listen and treat you with respect. As opposed to Bob Storms, who will look at you like you're an F'ing moe-ron, make some DQ comment like "Oh, I guess I never learned to grade in the 30 years I've been collecting comics," and roll his eyes at you. I know Bob has his good points (his honesty is above reproach, for example, which is no small thing, and he has a great inventory), but I don't enjoy dealing with someone who acts that way just because you deign to engage him in a simple discussion about a grade on a book.

I'll rank 5 to 1 later this afternoon.

I would not agree w/ H. Yee at #1. He is in last place to me. This could be another thread. He sold me a FF 48 8.0 RAW and said it was not restored. I had it CGC, guess what it came back as? A 7.5 restored mod. He never tried to make it up or offer any refund. I will never buy from him nor reccommend him. This was my experience from him at the SF WonderCon.

I would not agree w/ H. Yee at #1. He is in last place to me. This could be another thread. He sold me a FF 48 8.0 RAW and said it was not restored. I had it CGC, guess what it came back as? A 7.5 restored mod. He never tried to make it up or offer any refund. I will never buy from him nor reccommend him. This was my experience from him at the SF WonderCon.

That aixelsyd is bad stuff! Harley was #10. :gossip:

I had a similiar experince..... :(

I agree that Andy Colman deserves to be on the list of best dealers. But I can't abide by those of you who insist on misspelling his last name. :insane:

Seriously though, Andy is a great dude, honest, a solid grader, and has a pretty broad inventory.

I wasn't going to say anything (as everybody has been very kind with their words) but Scott is correct here - no "e". :hi: