• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the best way to sell cheap slabs

20 posts in this topic

I am looking at cleaning up my collection a bit, I have a small pile of books that would probably only sell for about $20 each (maybe a few a bit more), and I was looking for suggestions on how to move these books?

I am thinking of taking them to my LCS and putting them on consignment, but I am open to suggestions.

thanks

Randy

Hi, I should have specified, as a lot or seperate.

I haven't had alot of luck selling here, honestly the books on the site are generally of such a high quality that my drek doesn't go over really well.

Also being in Canada sucks for shipping stuff out

Randy

Hi, I should have specified, as a lot or seperate.

I haven't had alot of luck selling here, honestly the books on the site are generally of such a high quality that my drek doesn't go over really well.

Also being in Canada sucks for shipping stuff out

Randy

Drek you say? hm

Honestly, it's probably best to post scans of all the books as you're going to be asked for them anyway. Not every 9.4 or 9.8 look exactly the same. People will want to see if there are any miswraps, spine roll, etc

Pretty successful sales thread so far but what the heck are you doing with a slabbed 4.5 copy of The Cat#1? How did you get your hands on such a thing?

I’m not krapping on your books. I’m only curious where one gets such an item.

Hi, I really like the The Cat series (I have the art for cover 3 as well), I picked this book up as a filler, as always in this hobby, patience is a virtue (and I often don't have any) :)

I don't have any patience either. As evidenced by my four mid grade copies of ASM 101 that I have to sell now that I've acquired a 9.0 graded copy.

I understand fillers, I have tons of them. But I try to stay away from graded copies to avoid the extra slab cost.

The Cat #1 :cloud9: