• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MS5 Record in the making

160 posts in this topic

jesus, I love GR more than just about any guy.. but I don't know I can justify holding on to this book if I can get 1,100-1,200 for my book. Only negative is it'd be next to impossible to find another as centered/cut as mine. frown.gif

Brian

confused.gif Did I sell my 9.4 and 9.6 copies one year early? frown.gif

yup... 9.4's get you close to $900-$1K and a 9.6 $2200++

Oh well...I made my $$ elsewhere! Damn movie specs! 893frustrated.gif

which is why if you pointed out the efforts you made to find such a book, you may be able to fetch a deserved premium from someone who values the centering as much ...and does not want to buy and compare 7 copies to find it.

Since you found the perfect 9.4 though, maybe just keep it if you don't find a worthy 9.6. I can imagine your quest to obtain that 9.4 was exhausting enough.

i do think movie specs are a part of this book's rise, but honestly, a lot of people who grew up reading comics in the 70's & early 80's genuinely LOVE this character, and the 90's revamp did add that exposure to the following generation of collectors. MS5's have been out of control, yes, but i think its unfair to say its ALL movie specs. confused-smiley-013.gif

Definately, I've owned 9 CGC 9.4 copies of this damn book already. It'll be sort of like trying to decide whether to sell my ToD 10 9.4 with the perfect centering. In the end I just couldn't pass up the huge $$$. It's hard to hold on when they're Bronze books. wink.gif

Brian

Definately, I've owned 9 CGC 9.4 copies of this damn book already. It'll be sort of like trying to decide whether to sell my ToD 10 9.4 with the perfect centering. In the end I just couldn't pass up the huge $$$. It's hard to hold on when they're Bronze books. wink.gif

Brian

mutter, mutter... maybe for you... I have great difficulty letting go of "keepers" that I've spent a good deal of time buying multiple copies of to find... or had to search forever to obtain.

I've only been able to do it a few times and only when the $$$ was "beyond huge"... "huge" wasn't gonna get it done. I recently sold my AA 11 9.8W for a "beyond huge" # to someone that was clearly more obsessed than I was to have it!... now I miss it and the $ was just $... sorta.

popcorn.gif <---BOC homage

btw.. will the popcorn muncher be etched into your headstone someday? 27_laughing.gif

27_laughing.gif

Ah.............popcorn's been good to me. Notice the new custom title? thumbsup2.gif

Congrats! I hadn't noticed, but it suits you .. you damn trouble-maker! Admit it! in grade school as soon as 2 guys had a mild disagreement... you were there chanting "FIGHT..FIGHT!" right in their faces.

How many suspensions were you responsible for?

I have problems letting go of them too. But watching the census shoot up on these bronze books makes it that much easier. I probably won't sell my MS 5 though as it is simply too hard to find the right one.

Brian

take the money while the going's good. You know these Bronze prices wont last...

Not at those levels.. but many bronze keys seem to spike and dip over and over as new collectors enter the market. I'd agree to sell on a high though if you didn't put that kind of effort into obtaining a really nice one... and intend to start the process over. If it was easier to get, and get again... why not, if its not a "must have" for your collection.