• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM superman 14

11 posts in this topic

I know this is a low grade copy, but I dont know what to grade it as. There is some glue on the spine that I have circled in the 2nd pic, some funky tape residue, a detached centerfold, and a bit of glue on the bottomiside cover. I just dont know where to put this as far as resto is considered

img036.jpg

img036-1.jpg

img037.jpg

It probably is restored but I've always felt that didn't matter on sub 2.0 books. I'd guess CGC would give it a 1.0 but I've always felt they have a pretty wide range at the 1.0 level and this book looks pretty good. They tend to hammer books that have paper loss and loose pages.

It's 100% complete so that will keep it out of the 0.5 POOR range.

It also has a rather substantial chunk missing out of the front cover as well as the first few wraps along with what appears to be either tape or tape residue. If it were just one of these two flaws, I could see a possible 1.5 FR/GD.

With both of these two major defects combined with the traditional wear 'n tear flaws and defects of a book below GD+ (smaller missing pieces, tears, spine stresses, etc), this book is a solid 1.0 to me.

Presents well enough and looks to be readable--MY KIND OF BOOK!