• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Question for fellow Batman Collectors

8 posts in this topic

In your opinion as a collector, what is the minimum grade or condition you would accept on a particular book for your own personal collection? At what point for the particular ages (golden, silver, copper) is buying a book "not worth it" because the condition is "just not good enough"?

Batman

1-100

100-200

300-400

400-428

I' be curious your thoughts for each particular range or period. Happy posting!

This is a personal question that you are asking and will vary for everyone.

Some people are ok with any grade, right through the run. Some want high grade, some can only afford restored.

You have to ask yourself what you'd be happy with.

I like lower grade, high eye appeal for more expensive books OR mid to high grade with very little resto.

I'm one of those who will take any grade as long as the book is complete and has eye appeal.

Taking low grade affords me the opportunity to acquire books that I would never be able to afford if I only collected high grade.

With moderns, I do try to collect a little higher, but I'm generally happy with 8.5 and above.

For older books I have some 1.5's that make me very happy. Brave and the Bold #28 comes to mind.

My personal take: For Golden Age, any condition is fine. For Silver, I would go 6(Fine) or better. Bronze, VF or better, Copper, NM- or better.

Of course if I'm just going to read the book, any condition as long as it isn't brittle is cool!

Haha, glad you like my screen name, cool!