• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Original Star Wars Coming To DVD

62 posts in this topic

It's not quite the original. It's the 1997 releases. Still, it's good news. I keep hearing rumors there will be an ultimate star wars edition after these are released. New effects, new shots etc, to make the movies blend better. I hope Lucas does his thing and makes the changes, and release the original movies as well.

about frickin time, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very glad to hear they're remastering both video and audio for this set. i can remember watching them on Laser Disc (i have them all) and thinking how much better the sound got with each movie taking advantage of newer technology.

Star Wars is still on my top 5 movie list of all time 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

I too look foward to being fleeced for every version when they become available.. cloud9.gif.

I currently have the 3 disc Trilogy, of the Laserdisc transferred to the 5 star DVD's. that were released overseas

They are ok, and play in my DVD player just fine , but to see them all RE-remastered-- will be a treat. acclaim.gif

6.1 baby...

I personally would just like to see the classic version of New Hope first, or at least include both versions in the 4 disc set, kinda like Lord of the rings did with the DVD version that was released first , and then the Extended DVD Versions later.

Lucas has said he wont release the öriginal"versions Personally I didnt like the newly redone ones with the added effects but thats just me

which makes me think that lucas is a pompus . Those special editions suck balls. Man what was he thinking? Gredo shooting first is the biggest movie mistake ever....What a F'N insufficiently_thoughtful_person...Plus why not release it and get even more money from these geeks...I know that I probably wont buy the special edition dvds but would buy the orginals. I also know people that would buy both editions on dvd. Why limit yourself like that? Because Lucas is a stupid-bag-of-di#k-eating who has runined star wars.

I dont loose any sleep over the special edition modifications since its lucas's story not mine. But I wont be fleeced. At one time I had on vhs original version, thx original version, then special edition. So, since Ive dumped all my vhs tapes on ebay Im gonna wait. Ill wait till they relase a boxed set of star wars 1-6 then buy it on ebay for half what I would pay in a store. Oh yea, and I wont be buying the set unless episode 4-6 are the final versions with the original palpatine replaced by the current actor in episode 5 (which lucas has claimed he is gonna do to improve the continuuity of the series by having the same actor playing palpatine throughout).

Oh yea, and I wont be buying the set unless episode 4-6 are the final versions with the original palpatine replaced by the current actor in episode 5 (which lucas has claimed he is gonna do to improve the continuuity of the series by having the same actor playing palpatine throughout).
confused.gif What do you mean. They have always used the same actor with exception of the monkey eyes/person used in a blue holigram on Empire.

Thats the person Im talking about. That actor, will be digitally replaced with the guy who is playing the emperor now. You can check these things out at episode-x.com and theforce.net

nice places to get the current scope on the happenings of our favorite ever changing star wars movies

There's been lots of rumored changes. I've heard that there's going to be another version, possibly after all the movies come out. Nobody really knows what thats going to be. That off course would make three versions of every movie. 893frustrated.gif

From what I hear the version coming out on DVD is just going to the special edition with minor little special effect tweaks.

nice places to get the current scope on the happenings of our favorite ever changing star wars movies

I just hope directors like Spielberg never lose their marbles like Lucas has, and start replacing Sharks with Ewoks. 893frustrated.gif