• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Fans of Kraven's Last Hunt in the house?

87 posts in this topic

Ya that is one of the best pages from the story. I love the story as well, I didn't think I would ever own any pages from the book since it was complete and popular with many collectors. I saw alot of the other top pages have also sold. I was lucky enough to snag a couple, one with Kraven fighting the giant Spider of Spiders. Including what I loved about the story all the great dialog and writing, plus a minor page showing another victim of Vermin, "Yum".

That's great guys. I am so glad that everyone is getting a shot at getting a piece of this storyline. It's nice when it works out well for everyone.

:applause:

Thanks to Chris posting a page I was able to get one. This is my all time favorite super hero storyline. I rarely buy pen and ink anymore and I NEVER buy panel pages.(Last time I had one was 2005). I was looking for a Kraven piece to replace the cover I sold, so this works out well. I still wouldn't mind another Kraven splash, cover, or painting but I haven't seen too many I like available. This is an affordable and classic long term place holder.

I wish I knew these were for sale. There is still one pretty good page left, so what was being charged for spider-man or Kraven pages?

It's amazing how aggressively these pages are being snapped up. Another thread titled "Recession? What recession?" was sort of shot down in that the items being offered didn't really prove anything, and I was one of those making that argument. I don't mean to sound overly bullish here, but the quick sale of all this Kraven' Last Hunt art confirms what I've been saying for a while, that the RIGHT art continues to bring out numerous and motivated buyers.

Scott Williams

I wish I knew these were for sale. There is still one pretty good page left, so what was being charged for spider-man or Kraven pages?

It's amazing how aggressively these pages are being snapped up. Another thread titled "Recession? What recession?" was sort of shot down in that the items being offered didn't really prove anything, and I was one of those making that argument. I don't mean to sound overly bullish here, but the quick sale of all this Kraven' Last Hunt art confirms what I've been saying for a while, that the RIGHT art continues to bring out numerous and motivated buyers.

Scott Williams

No doubt Scott,

I was shocked to see how fast they went. There was no way I was passing on the page I got, but I was CONVINCED I probably paid too much to get my page and that I had time to go back and pick up another if I chose because they were not cheap at all.

12 hours after they went on sale 32 of 44 pages were sold including both splash pages!!!

From Mike's emails to his mailing list he wasn't taking trade and wasn't even considering discounts until after San Diego CC.

So that's almost 3/4 of the 2 books GONE and for cash at full asking.

Holy , amazing how high quality material will sell no matter what is happening.

Best,

Chris

Scott Williams

The story is very popular and is probably just a peg below Watchmen and Dark Knight in terms of the classic 80's story lines. I felt Mike's asking prices were very reasonable. Plus these pages have the freshness factor of never being offered as individual sales and it is the ever popular Spider-Man.

I was thrilled to know that these 2 books hit the open market. I am not a huge OA collector, but I was NOt going to pass up a chance at one of those pages. I actually think that this is one of the best spider-man stories since the death of gwen. I read it when I was 11 years old, and it has never left my memory. BIG thanks to Mike for making these pages public!

:cry:

Sunnova... I wish I'd known about these yesterday. All the pages I'm interested in have already sold.

Any inclination as to when/if the other four issues might go on sale?

:cry:

Sunnova... I wish I'd known about these yesterday. All the pages I'm interested in have already sold.

As far as I know Mike only bought the two books.

I don't think the guy who owns the other 4 books has sold them.

Mike does not own those other books, and there is no motivation on the part of the current owner to split up books.

These 6 issues were wholly complete since their release, it took 23 years for any pages to come out, and with only 2 books to be split up the interested collectors had to move fast. I'm not surprised the best pages were all gone within a few hours, of course each collectors definition of 'best pages' varies when it comes to a story like this.

Ah... Thanks guys. For some reason, I thought all six books were kept together.

I guess I'll have to decide if I want to buy one of the remaining pages or wait for one of the others to hit the secondary market.

Mike does not own those other books, and there is no motivation on the part of the current owner to split up books.

These 6 issues were wholly complete since their release, it took 23 years for any pages to come out, and with only 2 books to be split up the interested collectors had to move fast. I'm not surprised the best pages were all gone within a few hours, of course each collectors definition of 'best pages' varies when it comes to a story like this.

I think the "best" page is the Kraven splash that sold for almost 10k. I was happy enough just getting one with the tombstone on it! Wth only a dozen or so pages left, I wonder how many boardies bought some of those? Maybe we can all get together with our pages and read the book, lol

I think the "best" page is the Kraven splash that sold for almost 10k.

See, that's what I mean. You have a different perspective than I. That page doesn't say 'Kraven's Last Hunt' to me, and my interest in getting a page from that book would be something that resonates as a Kraven moment. Chris' page is a great example of this.

See, that's what I mean. You have a different perspective than I. That page doesn't say 'Kraven's Last Hunt' to me, and my interest in getting a page from that book would be something that resonates as a Kraven moment. Chris' page is a great example of this.

Personally, my preference in #293 would have been for page 8. Kraven in the black costume with a great piece of internal dialogue. Plus you get a glimpse of the tombstone. It really sums up the "vibe" of the story for me.

Personally, my preference in #293 would have been for page 8. Kraven in the black costume with a great piece of internal dialogue. Plus you get a glimpse of the tombstone. It really sums up the "vibe" of the story for me.

That's a great page too...super dialogue.