• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Fans of Kraven's Last Hunt in the house?

87 posts in this topic

I received the two Kraven pages thursday, picked them up from the post office on my way to Wonder Con. Never thought I would get a chance to own a page from he story let alone two pages. The first one has no major characters but I love the composition, inking and last page "Yum"

spectsoiderman_131_8.jpg

The second page comes from one of my favorite scenes where Kraven faces a giant spider. A very memorable scene. Love the spider created out of smaller spiders. Enjoy.

AmazSpiderMan_293_11.jpg

My page showed up too! I think it's a testament to the strength of the story telling that so many of us hopped on this, and many found the exact page they were looking for.

For me, I picked up the last page of Spectacular #131. I've always thought this page was "Watchmen like" in it's design, and balance of graphics and dialogue. For me, this was the turning point in the story - Peter's comeback. Feel free to take a look!

http://cafurl.com?i=14499

Also added a new Miller DD piece (thanks Wes!).

Ron

My page showed up too! I think it's a testament to the strength of the story telling that so many of us hopped on this, and many found the exact page they were looking for.

For me, I picked up the last page of Spectacular #131. I've always thought this page was "Watchmen like" in it's design, and balance of graphics and dialogue. For me, this was the turning point in the story - Peter's comeback. Feel free to take a look!

http://cafurl.com?i=14499

Also added a new Miller DD piece (thanks Wes!).

Ron

Nice Miller!

Scott

I created another album for posterity with all the images and prices of Spectacular Spider-Man #132:

http://s881.photobucket.com/albums/ac20/FerranDelgado/Spectacular%20SpM%20132/

Slideshow view here:

http://s881.photobucket.com/albums/ac20/FerranDelgado/Spectacular%20SpM%20132/?albumview=slideshow

BEWARE! The album doesn't show if they are available. Its goal is only enjoy the images and be a price reference when they are gone from Mike's site.

I just hope that none bothers with that, including Mike, but I think that these pages are historical and should be available for anyone to enjoy ever.

Good Hunting! ;-)

Nice selection of pages with Spider-Man but this issue just doesn't have the iconic images and scenes which really drew me to the story. Plus the prices for this book make my two pages I picked up in the earlier sale a much better deal. For me the scenes with Kaven or Kraven and Spider-Man were what made the story for me.

It is great to see more of the story show up on the market.

Nice selection of pages with Spider-Man but this issue just doesn't have the iconic images and scenes which really drew me to the story. Plus the prices for this book make my two pages I picked up in the earlier sale a much better deal. For me the scenes with Kaven or Kraven and Spider-Man were what made the story for me.

+1

I think the overwhelming demand for the pages from the sale of the first two issues probably resulted in these ones being priced a bit more aggresively.

I'll probably hold out for ASM #294 or one of the two Web issues before I buy any other pages from this storyline. :wishluck:

I give McLeod's inks and finishes most of the credit for the mood, feeling, and attitude of the series, so for me the answer is no.

It's an iconic story with memorable images, kind of like DKR where there were Miller and Janson pages, Miller re-do's on some pages, and all Janson inks on others. None of those factors are even a speedbump on the road of their desirability.

+1

I think the overwhelming demand for the pages from the sale of the first two issues probably resulted in these ones being priced a bit more aggresively.

I'll probably hold out for ASM #294 or one of the two Web issues before I buy any other pages from this storyline. :wishluck:

I didn't realize the owner of those pages had decided to sell those.

+1

So far as I know, they haven't. Hence the :wishluck:

I'm hoping that the sales from ASM #293 and the two Spectacular issues might flush them out.

It probably should matter (more McLeod than Zeck) based on most people's way of valuing OA, but supply/demand, right? If you want a page, you take what's available.

I do think that we've seen some price resistance combined with a medium level satiation of the market, thanks to the initial offerings.

Of the first batch available, the costume pages were snapped up, despite a high price. This round we've seen a 50% bump in pricing for costume pages, but I suppose you could argue that it's Spider-man in that costume, and not Kraven! Spider-man!

As far as my own nostalgia connection, book 6 is the weakest for hitting the right notes of Kraven's Last Hunt. But I'd still take the page that got away and put it on my wall.

+1

So far as I know, they haven't. Hence the :wishluck:

I'm hoping that the sales from ASM #293 and the two Spectacular issues might flush them out.

:wishluck::wishluck: All I want is the 293 Cover. :wishluck::wishluck: