• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 10 WORST Marvel Coppers!!!

59 posts in this topic

(Larry Hama writing and features 1st Dale Keown pro artwork),

First Dale Keown Marvel work - Nth Man #8.

He'd been working professionally in comics for several years prior, most notably on DragonRing and Samurai.

it's a first-issue "collector's item!"

superpro1.jpg

Phil Grayfield was a pigskin star until injuries forced his retirement. He went to work for a sports magazine when he encountered a sports memorabilia collector who showed him an "experimental" football suit. "Experimental"?? Nevertheless, a few "hoods" busted in on Phil and "left him for dead." The hoods must've left him near a DuPont dump or something (it doesn't say) for a "once-in-a-lifetime chemical combination" gave Phil "enhanced athletic abilities, strength and endurance." How convenient! And, naturally, Phil decided to use his amazing abilities -- not to mention that "experimental" NFL suit -- to fight crime!!

I think I have a NM bagged Super Bowl special of this series.

Can't seem to move it out of my 25 cent box.

well somebody already mentioned secret wars II.. so i am out of ideas. that had to

be the worst money i ever spent back then.

I still remember reading the page where the Beyonder, a creature of infinite power, is sitting on a yacht with some ladies and he had developed a gut from eating too much earth food, and he used his infinite power to.....you guessed it....give himself washboard abs.

I remember thinking to myself, that right there is a page of comic book reading I am never going to get back. Yes I was 14 and reading that page made me aware of my own mortality.

That's how much an effect a truly horrible comic book can have on a child.

I will be on my deathbed, trying to cram in all the Wrightson, and Adams, and Smith, and Bolland I can get my hands on and thinking back to that day and regretting that reading that page took the place of something good.

Don't be another statistic kids....

well somebody already mentioned secret wars II.. so i am out of ideas. that had to

be the worst money i ever spent back then.

I still remember reading the page where the Beyonder, a creature of infinite power, is sitting on a yacht with some ladies and he had developed a gut from eating too much earth food, and he used his infinite power to.....you guessed it....give himself washboard abs.

I remember thinking to myself, that right there is a page of comic book reading I am never going to get back. Yes I was 14 and reading that page made me aware of my own mortality.

That's how much an effect a truly horrible comic book can have on a child.

I will be on my deathbed, trying to cram in all the Wrightson, and Adams, and Smith, and Bolland I can get my hands on and thinking back to that day and regretting that reading that page took the place of something good.

Don't be another statistic kids....

:signfunny:

X-Men vs The Avengers

x-men-vs-avengers-3.jpg

Fantastic Four vs The X-Men

fantastic-four-vs-x-men-1.jpg

Mephisto Vs... also...

I really wanted to like that stuff...

I remember being so angry about the final issue. I was still naive enough to think that something was actually going to, you know, happen

chucknorris1.jpg

i bought a copy of this recently for a Chuck Norris signing which i ended up missing, oh well!

I am going to have a #4 done by Alex Saviuk this year. I will have to keep it in its own box so it doesn't make the other slabs mess their pants.

(Larry Hama writing and features 1st Dale Keown pro artwork),

First Dale Keown Marvel work - Nth Man #8.

He'd been working professionally in comics for several years prior, most notably on DragonRing and Samurai.

And what artwork it is. :luhv:

chucknorris1.jpg

i bought a copy of this recently for a Chuck Norris signing which i ended up missing, oh well!

I am going to have a #4 done by Alex Saviuk this year. I will have to keep it in its own box so it doesn't make the other slabs mess their pants.

i heard you can't slab the #4!