• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 10 WORST Marvel Coppers!!!

59 posts in this topic

How about those that just should not have been published and had little contribution... or even worse a negative effect.

Remembering back I would have to say the Marvel NEW UNIVERSE books would have to be up there. Although I will admit I thought that Star Brand was mildly interesting and I thought the "white event" (or whatever it was called was an interesting concept).

And I thought that the GI Joe vs. Transformers Series and those cross-over books never made sense.

What others?

it's a first-issue "collector's item!"

superpro1.jpg

Phil Grayfield was a pigskin star until injuries forced his retirement. He went to work for a sports magazine when he encountered a sports memorabilia collector who showed him an "experimental" football suit. "Experimental"?? Nevertheless, a few "hoods" busted in on Phil and "left him for dead." The hoods must've left him near a DuPont dump or something (it doesn't say) for a "once-in-a-lifetime chemical combination" gave Phil "enhanced athletic abilities, strength and endurance." How convenient! And, naturally, Phil decided to use his amazing abilities -- not to mention that "experimental" NFL suit -- to fight crime!!

it's a first-issue "collector's item!"

superpro1.jpg

Phil Grayfield was a pigskin star until injuries forced his retirement. He went to work for a sports magazine when he encountered a sports memorabilia collector who showed him an "experimental" football suit. "Experimental"?? Nevertheless, a few "hoods" busted in on Phil and "left him for dead." The hoods must've left him near a DuPont dump or something (it doesn't say) for a "once-in-a-lifetime chemical combination" gave Phil "enhanced athletic abilities, strength and endurance." How convenient! And, naturally, Phil decided to use his amazing abilities -- not to mention that "experimental" NFL suit -- to fight crime!!

CLASSIC!!!!!

Marvel Movie Specials. :tonofbricks:

annie-790310.jpg

If someone told me that there was a comic out there that had spider-man

and little orphan ANNIE on the cover I would never had believed it. (shrug)

annie-790310.jpg

But if someone posted one with White Pages in a 9.8 case, you'd be all over it just for the nostalgia.

annie-790310.jpg

But if someone posted one with White Pages in a 9.8 case, you'd be all over it just for the nostalgia.

In this case you would be wrong. :P:sick:

Represent, y'all!!

I saw the title of this and immediately thought "Sleepwalker." And a buddy of mine actually still has a page of original art from Superpro # 1 that he bought when we were in high school.

Under "crappy titles I actually liked" I'd suggest Nth Man: The Ultimate Ninja (Larry Hama writing and features 1st Dale Keown pro artwork), Strikeforce: Morituri (cool concept that features Whilce Portacio's first pencils) and a weird futuristic Swat book from Epic called Stalkers.

Dethlok #1

Silver Sable #1

X-Force #1

Nth Man #1

Spiderman #1

Quasar #1

Punisher War Journal #1

Cage #1

Secret Wars II #1

Guardians of the Galaxy #1

There seems to be a theme here, but I just can't put my finger on it..... hm