• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 10 WORST Marvel Coppers!!!

59 posts in this topic

chucknorris1.jpg

i bought a copy of this recently for a Chuck Norris signing which i ended up missing, oh well!

I am going to have a #4 done by Alex Saviuk this year. I will have to keep it in its own box so it doesn't make the other slabs mess their pants.

i heard you can't slab the #4!

(tsk) CGC will be pounded with roundhouse kicks until they submit and slab that book. Nothing can keep Chuck Norris from being slabbed.

Embarassingly, some of my first books from the newstand as a youngster. :blush:

30298_20060505220458_large.jpg

61648_20070518035742_large.jpg

lol - I think I had this video game on my Commodore 64!!!! (I could be wrong, that was a lot of years ago!!!)

Who is scott adams?

Creator of Dilbert? (shrug)

Dethlok #1 Got it

Silver Sable #1 Need it

X-Force #1 Got it (in multiples)

Nth Man #1 Got it

Spiderman #1 Got it (in multiples)

Quasar #1 Got it

Punisher War Journal #1 Got it

Cage #1 Got it

Secret Wars II #1 Got it

Guardians of the Galaxy #1 Got it

There seems to be a theme here, but I just can't put my finger on it..... hm

I'm doing pretty good!!!

Embarassingly, some of my first books from the newstand as a youngster. :blush:

30298_20060505220458_large.jpg

61648_20070518035742_large.jpg

lol - I think I had this video game on my Commodore 64!!!! (I could be wrong, that was a lot of years ago!!!)

Who is scott adams?

Creator of Dilbert? (shrug)

Nope, it's this guy.

Marvel Movie Specials. :tonofbricks:

annie-790310.jpg

If someone told me that there was a comic out there that had spider-man

and little orphan ANNIE on the cover I would never had believed it. (shrug)

But if someone posted one with White Pages in a 9.8 case, you'd be all over it just for the nostalgia.

Sad part is I have every comic listed in this thread lol...Just need this one...And yes I would buy this !!!! I think I might add it to my want list right now...:headbang:(shrug)

Dethlok #1

Silver Sable #1

X-Force #1

Nth Man #1

Spiderman #1

Quasar #1

Punisher War Journal #1

Cage #1

Secret Wars II #1

Guardians of the Galaxy #1

You wound me, Rocky. You truly wound me.

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone mentioned Nth Man. I figured it would be the first page, and I knew I'd have to come on here and defend it.

(sigh)

I've often thought about starting a thread for this little lost book of a run. It went 16 issues, and really, was an aborted great story. Written by Larry Hama, and with nice clean lined art that captured the fluidity of great swordsmanship and the kentic energy of a battlefield, it was a story about psyche as much as the real landscape. I loved this book and make no apologies for it. it was energetic, and though crafted out of genre, held to a core and took risks and in the end, gave me more joy than any other absurd comic produced within a two year period, apart from the obvious choices of Watchmen, DKR, Greenbow Hunters, etc.

In short, it was a standout book disguised as pablum. It was a work of interest disguised as a blatant ripoff. It was intersting, engaging, and I loved it and was sad that it was canceled prematurely.

Was it Shakespeare? Heck, it wasn't even Miller. But it was a quality title for it's short life. I am sorry to say that when I sold my copies about ten years ago in a bulk sale to a friend, that this was in it, and that I am looking to replace them as well as the appearance in Excalibur, and his first appearance.

Carry on, Troglodytes!!!!! I'll be down here in the muck reading funny books.

Dethlok #1

Silver Sable #1

X-Force #1

Nth Man #1

Spiderman #1

Quasar #1

Punisher War Journal #1

Cage #1

Secret Wars II #1

I knew it was only a matter of time before someone mentioned Nth Man. I figured it would be the first page, and I knew I'd have to come on here and defend it.

(sigh)

I've often thought about starting a thread for this little lost book of a run. It went 16 issues, and really, was an aborted great story. Written by Larry Hama, and with nice clean lined art that captured the fluidity of great swordsmanship and the kentic energy of a battlefield, it was a story about psyche as much as the real landscape. I loved this book and make no apologies for it. it was energetic, and though crafted out of genre, held to a core and took risks and in the end, gave me more joy than any other absurd comic produced within a two year period, apart from the obvious choices of Watchmen, DKR, Greenbow Hunters, etc.

In short, it was a standout book disguised as pablum. It was a work of interest disguised as a blatant ripoff. It was intersting, engaging, and I loved it and was sad that it was canceled prematurely.

Was it Shakespeare? Heck, it wasn't even Miller. But it was a quality title for it's short life. I am sorry to say that when I sold my copies about ten years ago in a bulk sale to a friend, that this was in it, and that I am looking to replace them as well as the appearance in Excalibur, and his first appearance.

That was beautiful, man.

Everyone has an 'Nth Man' in their collecting history, and I'm not sure I've ever read of anyone defending it so eloquently. It'd make Larry Hama's day.

Thanks for sharing!

Seconded on PWJ.

Great Jim Lee art, first (accessible) origin in # 1, Daredevil in 2-3, Sniper story in 4-5, while I could have done without the dinosaurs, the first Wolverine meeting in 6-7 was epic, Damage in # 8 was fun, 14-15 (Die Hard-style hostage situation guest-starring Spider-man) and 16-19 (full Jim Lee art again, fun scene where Microchp tries to smuggle a handgun onto a plane, the cover to PWJ # 18 was funny) were all great! In fact, I liked those first 20 issues of PWJ better than any of Punisher vol. 2 or Punisher War Zone.

Plus, I believe PWJ # 1 held the record for highest modern print run until LOTDK # 1 was released. For once, an honor well-deserved.

Dethlok #1

Silver Sable #1

X-Force #1

Nth Man #1

Spiderman #1

Quasar #1

Punisher War Journal #1

Cage #1

Secret Wars II #1

(sigh)

That was beautiful, man.

Everyone has an 'Nth Man' in their collecting history, and I'm not sure I've ever read of anyone defending it so eloquently. It'd make Larry Hama's day.

Thanks for sharing!

thanks, man. (thumbs u