• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UK Bronze age books if you collect them post them here!!

54 posts in this topic

Here are a few of the covers from CB and SS&CB. I do have a couple of silver age books as well and others that I will scan later.

th_231SSMCB.jpgth_232.jpgth_233.jpgth_253.jpgth_CaptainBritain27.jpgth_CaptainBritain29.jpgth_CaptainBritain31.jpgth_CaptainBritain32.jpgth_CaptainBritain33.jpgth_CaptainBritain34.jpgth_CaptainBritain36.jpgth_CaptainBritain10.jpgth_CaptainBritain2.jpgth_CaptainBritain20.jpgth_CaptainBritain21.jpgth_CaptainBritain25.jpgth_CaptainBritain26.jpgth_CaptainBritain37.jpgth_CaptainBritain38.jpgth_CaptainBritain39.jpgth_CaptainBritain9.jpg

Wow! Those Captain Britains bring back good memories for me, i no longer have them :cry: and have forgotten how good those covers were, great collection ComicDoc. :applause:

Excellent thread. Here is a detailed history of Marvel UK:

http://www.panelology.info/Marvel/Marvel-UK-1.html

It's strange, I bought these books at the time as well as the originals but for some reason I didn't keep the UK comics. Can't explain why (shrug)

It's the same when it comes to pence vs cents, most UK collectors spurned pence copies for the cents copies, but i have noticed that a lot of USA collectors seem to like them.

Wow, I haven't seen some of these books since the late 1970s. There was a Canadian book chain that used to import a lot of UK publications. About 24 of these British comics were randomly bound into volumes that they would sell off for 3 or 4 bucks. I bought a stack of them and painstakingly removed the glue from the binding so I could put the individual comics in order - hey, I was only a kid. I really wish I had these now since they're long gone. It's great to see some of these covers again.

Excellent thread. Here is a detailed history of Marvel UK:

http://www.panelology.info/Marvel/Marvel-UK-1.html

It's strange, I bought these books at the time as well as the originals but for some reason I didn't keep the UK comics. Can't explain why (shrug)

It's the same when it comes to pence vs cents, most UK collectors spurned pence copies for the cents copies, but i have noticed that a lot of USA collectors seem to like them.

Being from the UK I love the pence versions, and those that were ND over here originally.

I have compiled a list of those ND comics, it can be found here...

http://comicopolis.ning.com/forum/topics/not-distributed-in-the-uk?page=1&commentId=2209482%3AComment%3A39965&x=1#2209482Comment39965

As a long time Spidey fan, those are some of the coolest things I have ever seen in my life.

I have a run of the UK ASM 120's and 130's, and if I can find the time, I'll scan more covers.

Here is the complete run of Captain Britain for your viewing pleasure!!

th_CaptainBritain1.jpgth_CaptainBritain2-1.jpg th_CaptainBritain3.jpg th_CaptainBritain4.jpgth_CaptainBritain5.jpgth_CaptainBritain6.jpgth_CaptainBritain7.jpg

th_CaptainBritain8.jpgth_CaptainBritain9-1.jpgth_CaptainBritain10-1.jpgth_CaptainBritain11.jpgth_CaptainBritain12.jpgth_CaptainBritain13.jpgth_CaptainBritain14.jpg

th_CaptainBritain15.jpgth_CaptainBritain16.jpgth_CaptainBritain17.jpgth_CaptainBritain18.jpgth_CaptainBritain19.jpgth_CaptainBritain20-1.jpgth_CaptainBritain21-1.jpg

th_CaptainBritain22.jpgth_CaptainBritain23.jpgth_CaptainBritain24.jpgth_CaptainBritain25-1.jpgth_CaptainBritain26-1.jpgth_CaptainBritain27-1.jpgth_CaptainBritain28.jpg

th_CaptainBritain29-1.jpgth_CaptainBritain30.jpgth_CaptainBritain31-1.jpgth_CaptainBritain32-1.jpgth_CaptainBritain33-1.jpgth_CaptainBritain34-1.jpgth_CaptainBritain35.jpg

th_CaptainBritain36-1.jpgth_CaptainBritain37-1.jpgth_CaptainBritain38-1.jpgth_CaptainBritain39-1.jpg

th_SuperSpider-ManandCaptainBritain231.jpgth_SuperSpider-ManandCaptainBritain232.jpgth_SuperSpider-ManandCaptainBritain233.jpgth_SuperSpider-ManandCaptainBritain234.jpgth_SuperSpider-ManandCaptainBritain235.jpgth_SuperSpider-ManandCaptainBritain236.jpgth_SuperSpider-ManandCaptainBritain237.jpg

th_SuperSpider-ManandCaptainBritain238.jpgth_SuperSpider-ManandCaptainBritain239.jpgth_SuperSpider-ManandCaptainBritain240.jpgth_SuperSpider-ManandCaptainBritain241.jpgth_SuperSpider-ManandCaptainBritain242.jpgth_SuperSpider-ManandCaptainBritain243.jpgth_SuperSpider-ManandCaptainBritain244.jpg

th_SuperSpider-ManandCaptainBritain245.jpgth_SuperSpider-ManandCaptainBritain246.jpgth_SuperSpider-ManandCaptainBritain247.jpgth_SuperSpider-ManandCaptainBritain248.jpgth_SuperSpider-ManandCaptainBritain249.jpgth_SuperSpider-ManandCaptainBritain250.jpgth_SuperSpider-ManandCaptainBritain251.jpg

th_SuperSpider-ManandCaptainBritain252.jpgth_SuperSpider-ManandCaptainBritain253.jpg

Very cool Captain Britain run! Would anyone out there have a copy of issues #24 (only one I need for my run) that they are looking to sell? :popcorn:

I managed to buy a job lot of 20 UK Marvel annuals, some of them are in the best condition i have ever seen. Too many to show at once, so here are the Avengers first. There was 6 dupes in the batch, which i would usually sell on ebay, but i thought i would give them a shot on here, do you think there would be any interest? any thought's would be appreciated.

Picture223.jpg

Picture224.jpg

Picture225.jpg